Creative Zen Vision M Portable media player

Mohan

Can anyone provide me feedback on the Creative Zen Vision M player? How does it compare to the latest Ipod generation 5 player?

I notice that the Zen has FM radio and recorder that the ipod does not have. However I ma more interested to know which sounds better?

The VisionM while being a great alternative to the Ipod has a few drawbacks when compared to the 30GB video-ready iPod. For starters, it's about 1.5 times as thick, and you need a dongle to charge the player and sync files to it. Also, its MediaSource application needs work, especially when matched against Apple's slick iTunes.

You can read a comparative reviw at http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?page=5607&head=0

I have the 5G IPOD 60GB and it sounds great with the Etymotic Research ER6 Isolator in canal earphones. Tonal accuracy is really good, and mid-range sounds are excellent. The low end seems a little bit underrepresented, though.

Etymotic Research's ER6 Isolators are a great way to get into sound-isolating earphones and dramatically improve the sound output from your digital music player.

I have experience with both Creative and Apple players.
Simply put...
Creative has a overall better sound quality (without any equalizer)...very neutral and balanced sound. But it lacks in features a bit. You cant use it as a direct USB hard drive unless you install its driver CD onto the computer...thats something painful. Also if you are planning to hook it up to your amplifier to be used with your Audio rig...it would give you pathetic result..the output voltage is very low out of the headphone-out.

Apple on the other hand looses out on sound quality (not a huge difference). But its more user-friendly. You can easily plug it your main audio rig (amp) and enjoy very good sound.

So if you are planning to use your portable player only (mainly) with your headphone (efficient ones like Grado) then Creative is better..else if you want to use it with your amp ALSO...go for iPod.

i have the 5g ipod 60gb and it sounds great with the etymotic research er6 isolator in canal earphones. Tonal accuracy is really good, and mid-range sounds are excellent. The low end seems a little bit underrepresented, though.

Etymotic research's er6 isolators are a great way to get into sound-isolating earphones and dramatically improve the sound output from your digital music player.

thanks where did you get the hp is it available in chennai if so what price the hp wiht ipod is waste

If you are particular about sound quality, you should give the ipod a skip. Creative has generally better sound quality. With ipod you can get a sleek player, a lot of snob value (fast evaporating since everyone owns it and also you can get good looking fakes also), and much better user interface.

If you are the kind who will load your music once into the player, and listen to it for long periods on song lists, creative is a good choice.

If you want a sleek player, likely to fiddle with it often, ipod gives you those options.

You may also want to look at Cowon, the best for sound quality. It fares worse than creative on user interface though.

if you are particular about sound quality, you should give the ipod a skip. Creative has generally better sound quality. With ipod you can get a sleek player, a lot of snob value (fast evaporating since everyone owns it and also you can get good looking fakes also), and much better user interface.

If you are the kind who will load your music once into the player, and listen to it for long periods on song lists, creative is a good choice.

If you want a sleek player, likely to fiddle with it often, ipod gives you those options.

You may also want to look at cowon, the best for sound quality. It fares worse than creative on user interface though.
if you are seious about music please go for sony walkman series nwz-a-728 with ex head phone original supplied with them everything the player and its software and the headphone are the best. The most welcome seious thing in it the loading of songs are very easy unlike ipods. You can better throw away your ipod and creative at their rates to buy this bec this machine is so cheap comparatively. One sad thing is these kind of stuff are not found any hifi or av magazine why?sony people look after them

I have used both Creative and iPod, and the following is the comparison between ipod (I have the 80GB classic) and Zen Vision M:

Sound Quality:

Creative is certainly better.

Features:

Creative has FM and sound recorder.

Usability:

iPod scores better, as creative's touch-pad sometimes takes some time to get used to

Software:

I think iTunes is a primitive software, i liked Creative's software. It can be synced with Windows Media Player also (some higher versions only)

Content:

Creative plays standard windows formats. iPod requires everything to be converted to its own format

Accessories:

iPod scores big here. with Creative, you need to buy the specific charger (though i got the thrid party charger from US at $10)

iPod accessories are available everywhere. you simply do not get anything for Creative anywhere.

Finally, i'd recommend Sennheiser PX 100 headphones

i have used both creative and ipod, and the following is the comparison between ipod (i have the 80gb classic) and zen vision m:

Sound quality:

Creative is certainly better.

Features:

Creative has fm and sound recorder.

Usability:

Ipod scores better, as creative's touch-pad sometimes takes some time to get used to

software:

I think itunes is a primitive software, i liked creative's software. It can be synced with windows media player also (some higher versions only)

content:

Creative plays standard windows formats. Ipod requires everything to be converted to its own format

accessories:

Ipod scores big here. With creative, you need to buy the specific charger (though i got the thrid party charger from us at $10)

ipod accessories are available everywhere. You simply do not get anything for creative anywhere.

Finally, i'd recommend sennheiser px 100 headphones
agree with while comparing with the above sony series,these all will lose the battle. More over the head phone supplied with it will surely combat with px100. Certainly px100 is better but fragile carefull. Bec i have all these things thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back