Critique my choices please!

nanushka

Hi all,

New to this forum; trying to start building up a collection, mainly portable and earphone-headphone oriented. I listen mostly in the office, classical and jazz flacs, as well as rock (Springsteen, Dire Straits).

My aim is to build up components that can be used together, so I would like your suggestions for quality components and which order to buy them in, eg Headphones first or IEMs, DAC first or soundcard-out etc.

For the office I need an external DAC, and headphones or IEMs with good isolation - my neighbor plays Rammstein :sad: out loud!

Please suggest an external DAC from:
[ Hifiman EF2, Fiio E7, various iBassos, DIY DAC, Hifiman HM605 ] or any others not on this list?

I was initially thinking of Fiio, but for just about 3-4k more one can get both the option of tube sound, plus a non-tube sound from the EF2. The only thing is, I don't know how the DAC of EF2 compares to Fiio E7. Anyone with experience of both? So far, because of this option, and rave reviews on head-fi, I am leaning towards EF2 (a few Qinpu amps are cheaper though, and come with integrated SDHC readers).

At the moment I am expecting a bunch of headphones (RE2, PL-11, Tau & Lambda) from Lynx :) thanks to Amarbir for a great experience! :clapping:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back