Crown Power Amp owners / Specially for integration in HT setup

I connected my two Crown 2502's to the center channel and the front left and right channels of my Marantz 7010 without using any preamps. Gain in both the crowns set to 2 O'Clock. Ran the Audyssey calibration. It set the front and center levels to +7. I would ideally love to have this close to the 0 mark. But as long as Audyssey is not setting the level to +12, I think it should be ok.

I have done detailed testing but as of now, it sounds good. My receiver was getting heated up so I will leave the power amps connected for a while.

@samgurung Please run the Audyssey calibration after connecting the power amp. You might not need a pre-amp in between as long as the levels are not set to 12.

The preamp might only be needed if you are not getting enough power in Direct / pure direct mode for music.
Audessey set the front levels to +1. Sound quality was not as good as the mac-air/usb-dac combo.... However I manually cranked up the level to +6. Sounds better but still not as good as the mac/usb-dac

Audessey set the front levels to +1. Sound quality was not as good as the mac-air/usb-dac combo.... However I manually cranked up the level to +6. Sounds better but still not as good as the mac/usb-dac
Are you listening in stereo or pure direct ? In pure direct, my sound is nowhere near the Dac / tube - pre combo. HT sounds great.

Are you listening in stereo or pure direct ? In pure direct, my sound is nowhere near the Dac / tube - pre combo. HT sounds great.
Both. Same here. Pure direct does not sound as good as stereo!. But the centre image was better in pure direct than stereo but sound stage suffered

Both. Same here. Pure direct does not sound as good as stereo!. But the centre image was better in pure direct than stereo but sound stage suffered
So what are you planning now ? I have decided to keep my HT and my two channel listening separate. You could add a DAC or a pre but with marantz in the chain, I doubt if it will sound as good as a seperate dac / pre chain.

@ssf

Have been looking for a solution to the input level problem and it looks like this device will do the trick from what I have read. I have never done this and was wondering what your thoughts might be, or for that matter anyone who has any knowledge on this.. Apparently this allows consumer grade audio devices to interface with pro audio devices by matching their signal levels

http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/processors/s-class-mini/sconvert/

@ssf

Have been looking for a solution to the input level problem and it looks like this device will do the trick from what I have read. I have never done this and was wondering what your thoughts might be, or for that matter anyone who has any knowledge on this.. Apparently this allows consumer grade audio devices to interface with pro audio devices by matching their signal levels

http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/processors/s-class-mini/sconvert/
I don't have any experience with the above device but looks like it might work. Amazon link for the same.

https://www.amazon.in/Samson-S-Converter-Level-Maching/dp/B01IOX5S8S

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back