Crown XTi 1002 power amp for the Chinese market sold here

Fantastic

The Crown XTi1002 power amp meant for the Chinese market ( everything written in Chinese !) is being sold by some people. Has anyone bought this and tried it out ? Concerned that they may have issues , maybe short term or long term issues ! Manufactured in 2013 ! ( 110 ~230 V capable power supply without voltage switching )

I have another Crown XLS2500 that works without any issues. In fact it was a 110 V unit that I plugged straight into the 230 V mains and the display came on with info I couldnt understand. I shut it off after 30 seconds or so . I turned it on at least three times for short periods to see if I could figure out what the display said. Later I remembered that it was a 110 V unit. I contacted Crown who asked me to power it up again with 110V and report what happens. So I used a step down transformer and turned it on and it worked fine ! Apparently it was protected if plugged into the wrong mains supply ! Great feature !

Last edited:
Many things the pro guys do well that home àudio guys should take lessons from.
If the amplifier is from the Chinese market, it probably is black market stuff so no warranty. A risk one needs to consider.

Mine has 3 year warranty on it. Get it from Authorized dealer.

I got the amp and it sounds very nice. BUT it's overload LED freaks out often even without a signal. I'm returning it. Had to send the supplier a video of the malfunctioning clip indicator. I would have liked to keep it if the problem could be fixed easily but I guess we wont get service information so easily. So it has to go back. I don't want any other problems developing with time. They said replacement unit will be sent but I'm wary of that !

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back