CUERipper or EAC

sand87ch

Hi,

Trying to Rip my CDs to dig format(.wav/flac lossless) to keep them handy and have a backup. Found EAC and CUERipper.Which is better? Are both the same? Asked because EAC requires a lot of config to change it and i may err.Thats the reason for this ques.

EAC is supposed to the Rolls Royce of rippers. I have been using it for over 10 years with excellent results.

EAC has a number of issues that you should be aware of.

1. It uses a cloud based DB to verify each rip.
2. The quality of the CD and the CD drive has to be excellent. If not, EAC could go into a loop that could last for a few hours.
3. EAC reads each track multiple times to get the best results.
4. EAC is slow compared to general rippers.
5. EAC works better with CR drives rather than DVD drives.

For dependable rips, nothing can come near EAC.

Cheers

EAC is supposed to the Rolls Royce of rippers. I have been using it for over 10 years with excellent results.

EAC has a number of issues that you should be aware of.

1. It uses a cloud based DB to verify each rip.
2. The quality of the CD and the CD drive has to be excellent. If not, EAC could go into a loop that could last for a few hours.
3. EAC reads each track multiple times to get the best results.
4. EAC is slow compared to general rippers.
5. EAC works better with CR drives rather than DVD drives.

For dependable rips, nothing can come near EAC.

Cheers
Problem is even after following the doc EAC config steps.

However it still looks like this
copy.JPG
The setting for the extraction is set like this
copy2.JPG

Is there anything am missing as the track names don't get reflected though when i use CUERipper it does.

It's a tussle between EAC and dbPowerAmp for the best ripper.
EAC is free while the other is not. $40 per PC. Free trial for 21 days.
Interface of dbPowerAmp is much easier I think.
Both use the same technology for ripping.

It's a tussle between EAC and dbPowerAmp for the best ripper.
EAC is free while the other is not. $40 per PC. Free trial for 21 days.
Interface of dbPowerAmp is much easier I think.
Both use the same technology for ripping.
@sand87ch +1 for dBp over the utopian EAC if you're ok with paying for a licenced copy of dbpoweramp.

But what am i doing wrong with EAC config that i dont get the track name?Anybody have an idea?

Problem is even after following the doc EAC config steps.

However it still looks like this
View attachment 54431
The setting for the extraction is set like this
View attachment 54433

Is there anything am missing as the track names don't get reflected though when i use CUERipper it does.
EAC has to get track details either from a database in which the CD is listed, or you have to enter it manually. To get from DB, choose a DB, and then when you load the CD, ask it to get track details from the DB. I will go to my PC later and give you the exact way.

Last edited:
EAC has to get track details either from a database in which the CD is listed, or you have to enter it manually. To get from DB, choose a DB, and then when you load the CD, ask it to get track details from the DB. I will go to my PC later and give you the exact way.
yup that helped

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back