curiosity/experience/investment

thetourer

Hi Everyone,

I'm Ajay from Hyderabad/Vijayawada. I love a good music especially when the sonic waves come drivers that are amazing.

My first brush with the audio was during the walkman days, chuck in some batteries and slap a cassette in, wear those headphones & jam away.

That was the first time I felt "soundstage" and boy oh boy, I was in awe & wonder. I was a kid, the walkman belonged to my cousin.

Fast forward many many years, I totally forgot about it. I had many 2.0 setups for my PC, nothing really fancy, my dad listens to a lot of old hindi music so he hooked up a couple of speakers to one single line & dragged that audio cable all the way to his office (it was nearby, next building) and connected to his PC so that he can listen to music at home & office & my mom also can listen to songs at home. Which I know right now as "Zone B".

Then fast foward a few more years, I upgraded my PC & found it had the capacity of running a 5.1 surround system. Boy Oh Boy I thought it was "THE" experience and picked up a creative INSPIRE T6160, which I still have but its hooked onto a mono audio right now sadly. so all 5 speakers give the same audio output since I had to change my dad's PC & it only has one 3.5mm jack output. but even after many many years, its still impressive the audio is good, the base is bland & all over the place, again could be due to the placement, its resting on top a wooden plate suspended on the wall like a table. but is loud and gets the job done for a 10" X 11" small bedroom. hardly used it to its potential & kept myself to headphones since I didn't want to annoy my parents & any sound they come running "telling" me to tone it down. that died right there.

Fast forward many more years, moved to Vijayawada & got my own place, came the time for the hunt for a quality audio system finally.

Historically I used mostly headphones/earphones. apple ones are good, sennheiser cx180 are actually bang for your buck, but died twice within warranty. lasted a year each. Used Steelseries Siberia for gaming, nothing bad, average soundstage. then picked up Sony MDR-EX225AP, they're too good. punchy base & clear. I had the XB series but the bass was overwhelming for me. realised I'm not a base lover like I thought I was. Picked up Bose Micro bluetooth speaker - god they are an absolute beast & worth the money!! Soon the Sony died & me, impressed with the Bose Micro, I picked up Bose Soundsport Free - I was expecting more out of them for the price but they ended up sounding no different than the sony for me, X8 the price!! but I don't regret buying them. the base is good, most importantly "WIRELESS". its perfect. just annoying that calls are right earpiece only.:confused: They could actually be better but I knew what I was getting into when I picked them up. Then came the beautiful Audio Technica ATH M50X, beautiful set of cans, neutral, can enjoy all types of music, I'd only wish for a slightly more punchier base on them, but they're monitoring headsets and they make sure you enjoy the audio whether its music or movies or anything else that you might be watching ;).

Once I moved to my own place, I needed computer speakers - hunted a good set, picked up Edifier R1280DB - they are amazing. especially with the trebel & base knobs, set them to my liking & right now they are my TV speakers & they are just too good. nothing mind blowing but nothing bad to say as well. the vocals are good, base is tad lower than my liking but its a 2.0 system bookshelf, the output its giving, I'd say its way above VFM for that price. You also get multitude of connection facility - Bluetooth, audio optical, 3.5mm.. what more you need?

Right now I'm looking to learn & invest (spend/splurge) in a decent 5.1.2 or a 7.1 surround system within a good budget in future. I love a good soundstage & I never heard the quality that I heard decades ago on the walkman till date.

just a quick question : is hifimart & hifivision from the same house?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I'm Ajay from Hyderabad/Vijayawada. I love a good music especially when the sonic waves come drivers that are amazing.

My first brush with the audio was during the walkman days, chuck in some batteries and slap a cassette in, wear those headphones & jam away.

That was the first time I felt "soundstage" and boy oh boy, I was in awe & wonder. I was a kid, the walkman belonged to my cousin.

Fast forward many many years, I totally forgot about it. I had many 2.0 setups for my PC, nothing really fancy, my dad listens to a lot of old hindi music so he hooked up a couple of speakers to one single line & dragged that audio cable all the way to his office (it was nearby, next building) and connected to his PC so that he can listen to music at home & office & my mom also can listen to songs at home. Which I know right now as "Zone B".

Then fast foward a few more years, I upgraded my PC & found it had the capacity of running a 5.1 surround system. Boy Oh Boy I thought it was "THE" experience and picked up a creative INSPIRE T6160, which I still have but its hooked onto a mono audio right now sadly. so all 5 speakers give the same audio output since I had to change my dad's PC & it only has one 3.5mm jack output. but even after many many years, its still impressive the audio is good, the base is bland & all over the place, again could be due to the placement, its resting on top a wooden plate suspended on the wall like a table. but is loud and gets the job done for a 10" X 11" small bedroom. hardly used it to its potential & kept myself to headphones since I didn't want to annoy my parents & any sound they come running "telling" me to tone it down. that died right there.

Fast forward many more years, moved to Vijayawada & got my own place, came the time for the hunt for a quality audio system finally.

Historically I used mostly headphones/earphones. apple ones are good, sennheiser cx180 are actually bang for your buck, but died twice within warranty. lasted a year each. Used Steelseries Siberia for gaming, nothing bad, average soundstage. then picked up Sony MDR-EX225AP, they're too good. punchy base & clear. I had the XB series but the bass was overwhelming for me. realised I'm not a base lover like I thought I was. Picked up Bose Micro bluetooth speaker - god they are an absolute beast & worth the money!! Soon the Sony died & me, impressed with the Bose Micro, I picked up Bose Soundsport Free - I was expecting more out of them for the price but they ended up sounding no different than the sony for me, X8 the price!! but I don't regret buying them. the base is good, most importantly "WIRELESS". its perfect. just annoying that calls are right earpiece only.:confused: They could actually be better but I knew what I was getting into when I picked them up. Then came the beautiful Audio Technica ATH M50X, beautiful set of cans, neutral, can enjoy all types of music, I'd only wish for a slightly more punchier base on them, but they're monitoring headsets and they make sure you enjoy the audio whether its music or movies or anything else that you might be watching ;).

Once I moved to my own place, I needed computer speakers - hunted a good set, picked up Edifier R1280DB - they are amazing. especially with the trebel & base knobs, set them to my liking & right now they are my TV speakers & they are just too good. nothing mind blowing but nothing bad to say as well. the vocals are good, base is tad lower than my liking but its a 2.0 system bookshelf, the output its giving, I'd say its way above VFM for that price. You also get multitude of connection facility - Bluetooth, audio optical, 3.5mm.. what more you need?

Right now I'm looking to learn & invest (spend/splurge) in a decent 5.1.2 or a 7.1 surround system within a good budget in future. I love a good soundstage & I never heard the quality that I heard decades ago on the walkman till date.

just a quick question : is hifimart & hifivision from the same house?

Thank you.

Hi Ajay

Welcome to HFV.

This is an excellent forum to be part of. Many of us share our experiences and knowledge which helps keep us going steady to achieve the best in AV.

Looking forward interacting with you.

All the best!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back