Curt's Sten II MTM Speaker Kit

manniraj

I am thinking of this kit. The total damage till it reaches to my home is around 14k (including international/local shipping/customs/duties etc.,) and I am presuming the wood and other expenditure might come to 6k. So a total of 20k for a MTM kit how does this fare for music with a stereo amplifier (not yet decided which stereo/integrated amplifier). This kit comes with the drivers/tweeters along with the assembled cross-overs. For a first time speaker builder how does this fare and how good they will be for music only purpose paired with a amplifier (yet to decide) and the source being music-pc+ODAC.

thanks

Looks good,woofer has good frequency curve & sensitivity.Only con is that it has foam surround & not rubber.Humidity may affect it.

spirovious; said:
Looks good,woofer has good frequency curve & sensitivity.Only con is that it has foam surround & not rubber.Humidity may affect it.

@spiro..
thanks for the info, I think in Bangalore weather this might not be a problem, what do you think?

I have used same drivers but different crossover circuit. You can check them if you want.

Yes as per their site they have a different kit for the same drivers but with higher shipping weight (14 lbs) and also higher amount ($233) so thought the $133 looks reasonable with 10 lbs shipping weight as I need to add $12 for local US shipping and the quote I got from ishopinternational for this package is around 14k.

@spiro..
thanks for the info, I think in Bangalore weather this might not be a problem, what do you think?

Yes as per their site they have a different kit for the same drivers but with higher shipping weight (14 lbs) and also higher amount ($233) so thought the $133 looks reasonable with 10 lbs shipping weight as I need to add $12 for local US shipping and the quote I got from ishopinternational for this package is around 14k.

I did not use any ready kit but followed a build in Parts-Express forum. All the details I have provided in this thread.

I hope you know about this shipping weight calculations. They calculate in terms of volumetric weight. I did not know about this when I ordered the drivers. I felt parts-express could have sent the drivers in smaller carton which would have saved me some good amount of money.

I did not use any ready kit but followed a build in Parts-Express forum. All the details I have provided in this thread.

I hope you know about this shipping weight calculations. They calculate in terms of volumetric weight. I did not know about this when I ordered the drivers. I felt parts-express could have sent the drivers in smaller carton which would have saved me some good amount of money.

Thanks for the heads up. But I am trying to get only for the stereo setup (2.0) and not for 5.0. So the quote I got said that it is the final price including everything from the ishopinternational.com site. Let me cross check with them regarding the same. I just saw your build its awesome so once I decide to bring these speakers will discuss with you regarding the build etc.,

Thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back