Customs duty on speakers

jai1611

Customs duty on speakers increased from 10% to 15% yesterday. One of the 19 categories where duties have been hiked.
This plus the currency move in the last couple of months implies some big price hikes ahead

Details of other duty changes in this article: https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...to-curb-widening-cad/articleshow/65968379.cms
Includes a number of household goods like washing machines, ACs etc

It seems this is to correct the falling rupee to some recovery.....once this happens i am sure by next budget announcement, all these hikes will be reduced as 2019 is the main election year and all want to come into power and win the people's support!

It seems this is to correct the falling rupee to some recovery.....once this happens i am sure by next budget announcement, all these hikes will be reduced as 2019 is the main election year and all want to come into power and win the people's support!
not sure if it will..I presume most folks who are impacted by this dont even vote !

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back