Daisy chain four speakers?

fotograms

I have 2 pairs of speakers they are models klipsch rp-280f & rp-260f. I want to daisy chain them together so that I have a front left and a front right. With the system I’m using would this work? This would be using a Marantz AVR SR7015-9.2 and a BasX A3 9.1 surround sound system.
The hifivision posts have been very helpful for me. Thank you everybody.

I have 2 pairs of speakers they are models klipsch rp-280f & rp-260f. I want to daisy chain them together so that I have a front left and a front right. With the system I’m using would this work? This would be using a Marantz AVR SR7015-9.2 and a BasX A3 9.1 surround sound system.
Just out of curiosity - Why?

You can connect speakers in series which will double the impedance. You can connect them in parallel which will halve the impedance. When you do a parallel connection the risk is that it can fall below the min impedance requirement of you avr/amp and cause damage because higher than normal current. Having said this, why would you want to daisy chain? My guess that it will mess with the imaging. You already have an AVR, Make one pair as the front left and front righ. Make the other pair as suround left and surround right.

You can connect speakers in series which will double the impedance. You can connect them in parallel which will halve the impedance. When you do a parallel connection the risk is that it can fall below the min impedance requirement of you avr/amp and cause damage because higher than normal current. Having said this, why would you want to daisy chain? My guess that it will mess with the imaging. You already have an AVR, Make one pair as the front left and front righ. Make the other pair as suround left and surround right.
Thank you for the advice I will definitely take it.
A case in point ignorance is not bliss.

Use your existing speakers as front LR and surround LR as suggested above. Add a RC64 and two/three pairs of ceiling speakers for ATMOS.
But I don't think that the BasX series will cut mustard for those Klipschs. Look at the XPA series or similar?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back