Dali 1 for ATMOS

rajivaryan1984

Hi Friends,

I have Dali Z7 for Front , Dali Vokal as Center and Z3 for Surround with SVS 1000 as sub woofer and Denon X2300. I am planning to add the Atmos Speakers to my current setup. Can you please recommend if I should go with Z1 for front and rear top for Atmos or I should use the Dali Alteco for Atmos effect.

Also, I am planning to upgrade my Denon AVR to Marantz SR6014 and I have been told that with such receiver if my interest is into Music also then I will not need any separate power amp or stereo amp for music listening but add another sub wooofer SVS 1000. Kindly advise...

If specifically looking for Atmos, then Dali Alteco is the best choice. it has an up& down firing selector switch for the vertical/ horizontal placement

Do you mean to say SR 5014 ? i don't see SR 6014 even in Marantz US site. First you need to have surrounds before Atmos, if you really wanted to enjoy it. Without rear sourrounds i dont think marantz will not let you to even select the atoms speakers

sr6014 got released yesterday. for surrounds as i mentioned above am using z3 book shelf. For music listening this entire setup will be great ?

I think u r getting confused. What I meant above is that this is my HT setup and instead of having a separate stereo setup is it possible using the same setup for Music listening. What some professionals are telling that the Marrantz AV receiver has enough power for both music and movies.

AVR will drive the speakers according to the inputs. Be it a stereo/2.1/5.1 So the same can be used for listening to music and watching the movies.

Hi Friends,

I have Dali Z7 for Front , Dali Vokal as Center and Z3 for Surround with SVS 1000 as sub woofer and Denon X2300. I am planning to add the Atmos Speakers to my current setup. Can you please recommend if I should go with Z1 for front and rear top for Atmos or I should use the Dali Alteco for Atmos effect.

Also, I am planning to upgrade my Denon AVR to Marantz SR6014 and I have been told that with such receiver if my interest is into Music also then I will not need any separate power amp or stereo amp for music listening but add another sub wooofer SVS 1000. Kindly advise...
You can either Z1 or Alteco ...for heights.
Alteco has an advantage here for installation ,aesthetics will be good,also it is a versatile one. Z1 requires special brackets for angle it downwards to your MLP.
IF u have budget,adding a seperate multichannel power amp to AVR via pre-out will be a better option (may be done in a later stage).This will give you a better dynamics and head room to ur system ,the AVR will also have some breathing .
Ofcourse adding one more sub also will be very good.

Wow thanks so much for your suggestion..This really helps. One last question, can you please suggest one of the best Power AMP for music which can be added to the new AVR and my front Z7 can be used for music listening along with the subs. Do you recommend PM7005 by any chance ?

Wow thanks so much for your suggestion..This really helps. One last question, can you please suggest one of the best Power AMP for music which can be added to the new AVR and my front Z7 can be used for music listening along with the subs. Do you recommend PM7005 by any chance ?

Marantz PM7005 is an Integrated stereo amp .It can be directly (with out AVR) used for music .It has an inbuilt DAC .U may need just a Transport.
If music is your main concern and if you have budget ,then you can look some more better amps (Vintage ones) like Sansui + good DAC or CDP (In case if ur music collections are in CD) . This will be comparatively better for music than using an AVR.
If you wish to use AVR + Power amp for music, then Power amps like Adcom /Rotel will be good.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back