Dali EF12 sub vs Velodyne Eq Max 10

kishanvkumar

Folks,
Need help here. Almost finalizing on my HT setup with Dali Zensor 5 speakers. Need suggestion on the subwoofer. The setup is for 70% movies and 30% music. The room size is 11 by 19, but I am currently using the 11 ft side. So the HT setup will be in 11 by 12 area and the rest is open.

Was able to Demo Dali EF12 along with Zensor 5's. They sounded pretty good and packed a punch. But somehow for sub woofers i was dreaming of owning velodynes :) The Eq Max 10 is in the same range as Dali at around 45K. It is already a stretch and this is the absolute max i can go.

Not able to get Demo of Eq max 10, heard Impact 12 at Htstore Bangalore, but somehow the setup was not right and did not have any Bass. So need help on deciding. SVS and Sunfire were quoted in the 55K range and out of my budget. Are there any other I should consider in the 40K-45K range?

Between Eq Max 10 and Dali EF12 which would be good? Do they need to match with speakers? since speakers are dali's would it be good to choose Woofer from same timber?

Thanks for the help.

Finally went for the velodynes. For the surrounds, I have retained the satellites from the old onkyo HT system. For now doing their job.

Hi kishan,

are you satisfied with Velodyne Eq Max 10. I am planning to get one. I am getting it for 45k.

My room size is 16*17 ft. My avr is pioneer vsx1123

Could you please let me know if it is worth it? or is Impact 12 sufficient which is 10k less than eqmax?

Thanks
Sivaram

you satisfied with Velodyne Eq Max 10. I am planning to get one. I am getting it for 45k.
qc88rx

Its just old thread. But wanted to share that eq max is working very good. But I feel due to space/sound constraints, I am not using it to its potential. It can do much much more. But keeping at 30 levels and also the least setting on the AVR. Probably could have saved a but going for a lesser model.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back