dazed and confused

arcmax

have gone through a lot of material and each time i do a research run i keep coming up with new models to buy.. i guess a general pro and con on the various models based on my requirements...

my setup

1) the media player will be connected to my denon amp which inturn connects to the tv etc..

my requirements

1) should play dts hd / dts ma (even if its passthru its okay as my receiver can take care of it) - basically should play all files all sizes with out stuttering.
2) 7.1 output through the hdmi (is that possible i know 5.1 works through hdmi from my dvd)
3) wireless connectivity - is it required ? i dont intent to stream videos or files from my computer i would rather copy it to my hd and plug it into the receiver. on the other hand if i have it does it affect the video play in anyway ? or if i have it just use to transfer files to the usb hardrive connected to the media player
4) fast loading gui and fast decoding shouldnt take ages for things to start up
5) budget - below 10K (rs)
6) firmware updates
7) should be available in India from a dealer with warranty

Having said the above i have narrowed it down to the following

- oplay air
- oplay hd2 (can i use wifi dongle ?)
- kaiboer - please seem happy with it ? no cons yet expcept no net.
-xtremer pro / sidewinder ?

amng the above models what would you rate as teh best and worst and why. Are there any inherent downsides to owning any of the above (except perhaps networking). do the models above play all the files ? any firmware issues ?

let me have your thoughts...as i said i am confused and just want some inside track on the models before making my mind. The main reason is i haven't heard anything really bad.

thanks for you help
apurva

PCH A 210 will come to more than his budget- I paid about $200+ for mine there, so if one were to get it here it will definitely cost more-BUT it's a great unit!

guy,

not interested in purchasing from the usa , although most of my system , speakers etc are from there.. hence i wanted to know only between the models mentioned...are tehre any inherent drawbacks (specially in the output , and processing part) that i should be aware of .
I think i will go with a network model..

can i attach a wifi dongle to the oplay hd2 ?

thanks

Have you looked at playon HD2 , its well with in your budget. Read its review in anandtech .... Comes with wifi dongle and usb 3.0 with RTK 1185.

where is playon availble online or in chennai ? any idea for pricing ? any one have hands on experience with the gui and processing of large files etc...

Back