DD HD in Airtel HD

shredder

I need inputs from other Airtel HD users on this. I understand that DD HD is being aired on channel 224. However when I try to turn it to 224, i get a message that the channel is not subscribed by me. I thought it was a free to air service and that it was mandatory for DTH companies to provide it to all subscribers free of cost. Any Airtel HD owners with different experiences???

I need inputs from other Airtel HD users on this. I understand that DD HD is being aired on channel 224. However when I try to turn it to 224, i get a message that the channel is not subscribed by me. I thought it was a free to air service and that it was mandatory for DTH companies to provide it to all subscribers free of cost. Any Airtel HD owners with different experiences???

Same boat :sad: called Airtel few times and the call got disc before I could complete my address verification.... Why do they verify address over n over even after calling from a registered phone ... :mad: And every time this call will be monitored for training purpose why do u keep untrained people in the firstplace :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrr sick of Airtel waiting for FEB to get away from it.

Update:
I followed on-screen instruction to SMS GET 224 to 54325. After some time I get this message:
ESPN HD channel has been discontinued. You can now watch National Geographic Channel HD in channel 339 @ Rs 15pm+tax. To view NGC HD you will need ....blah,blah,blah.......
Are these guys for real? Why the hell are they wasting our time? Does anyone in Airtel have a clue as to what is going on??? If only they had a return policy I would gladly return their HD STB and dish and give them a good suggestion as to where they can put these things.....
One disappointed and frustrated customer...... the greatest sporting event hamara desh has ever hosted and they can't even give their customers what the Govt. is giving free to them

Watched the CWG opening ceremony on TS HD and the PQ was awesome, the sound was not good, DD HD needs to fix that as lots of time sound was crackling.

@all

Airtel HD users

Its a FREE topup itseems, u need to call the helpline again and again to activate it. Cant understand their strategy to give a FTA channel, FREE of cost by displaying the message the subscribe FREE :D

I have an Airtel HD connection and w/o doing anything from my side this channel is coming for me since yesterday on 224.

Inauguration ceremony in HD was awesome

I think you meant "shove" :eek:hyeah:

"shove" would have been more appropriate in the case of normal people..... but these guys are such bonafide a^^*&^es that I'm sure shove will not be necessary...... STB, dish, et al will all fit nicely in that place where the sun don't shine:D

Airtel HD is the best.
National Geographic and DD HD channels are awesome
Not saying that you are 'right' or 'wrong', it's just that I am surprised by the number of people claiming that the DTH service, they have is the 'best'. Are people simply convincing themselves by making these statements or they really and trully believe this. After all how can you reach such a conclusion without having experienced all the DTH operators.

PS: Based on my experience as a consultant with the Airtel technical staff, I seriously doubt Airtel could even be close to being the best.

I agree that Airtel customer care does not score well.

But the picture quality and sound quality in Airtel HD is simply the best. I have had Dish TV and Tata sky earlier. I am making comparison based on the facts.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back