Deafness, tinnitus and the invisible toll of loud music

FMs suffering from Tinnitus can try this simple exercise for a month and report.

- with your right index finger poke your outer ear near the opening and do ten clockwise and anti clockwise rotation .
- Repeat the same with left index finger for 1eft ear.

Precauation - Finger should be clean and disinfected before doing this. Also any finger nails should be trimmed.

Repeat this twice morning / Evening. Max two rounds of 10 and not more

The clockwise / anti clockwise rotation of the finger near the outer ear skin gets friction and ensure good blood circulation near the ear area and help to generate warmth. This could help possibly to reduce ringing of the ears and possibly cure your condition.

I had read this exercise in one ancient Yoga book shared by my father some 25 years ago to cure all inner ear related issues

If required consult your doctor's before starting for a second opinion.
There is no harm in testing - especially if based on Yoga.

FMs suffering from Tinnitus can try this simple exercise for a month and report.

- with your right index finger poke your outer ear near the opening and do ten clockwise and anti clockwise rotation .
- Repeat the same with left index finger for 1eft ear.

Precauation - Finger should be clean and disinfected before doing this. Also any finger nails should be trimmed.

Repeat this twice morning / Evening. Max two rounds of 10 and not more

The clockwise / anti clockwise rotation of the finger near the outer ear skin gets friction and ensure good blood circulation near the ear area and help to generate warmth. This could help possibly to reduce ringing of the ears and possibly cure your condition.

I had read this exercise in one ancient Yoga book shared by my father some 25 years ago to cure all inner ear related issues

If required consult your doctor's before starting for a second opinion.
Thanks for sharing. Worth trying, no harm there.

There is no harm in testing - especially if based on Yoga.
If there is any discomfort, this should be discontinued. Also do not force your fingers inside the ear. Yoga is a gradual healing process. Do not expect miracles overnight. First signs of improvement may be 3-4 months away. Also it's important to start slowly with only 5 rotations once a day and gradually increase over a month. Such exercise should be done under supervision imo.

I'd like to add, one more observation that normally happens to me is, after anything mild/strenuous Activity ( 30 min walk /climbing 3 floors etc ) , I do have the high freq hum a bit pulsating. i.e if I were to put the finger on the temple area (temporal arteries), I could sense the hum pulsing at the same frequency as blood flow.

...not sure if this is common with others.

If there is any discomfort, this should be discontinued. Also do not force your fingers inside the ear. Yoga is a gradual healing process. Do not expect miracles overnight. First signs of improvement may be 3-4 months away. Also it's important to start slowly with only 5 rotations once a day and gradually increase over a month. Such exercise should be done under supervision imo.
Agreed.
I'm already on few yoga exercise/physio therapy advised exercises for Cervical radiculopathy. Improvement/recovery is excepted in 4-5 months!

When I had persistent stuffiness/vacuum/ringing, post recovery from severe chest congestion, hot water inhalation combined with breathing exercises before sleep and in the morning helped mitigate the impact. But it still took almost 6 months for the problems to subside.
Though white noise or background music on natural sounds was recommended, these only aggravated the problems for me. So I totally avoided exposure to noisy environments and abstained from music/TV.

Me and my son are very keen followers of this site. He being a 18 year old hears to headphone music at loud volume. Multiple times reminded him of the damage that this would result. However reading this post of one exceptional human, he now comes back and to say "see nothing happens" .
Would request members to be careful what they post as it may have unintentional consequences on youngsters.
Thanks to Doctor on the forum who was kind enough to enunciate the danger of loud hearing, could I somehow convince him. Thanks @prateekatasniya
Unfortunately, we humans suffer from confirmation bias. We pick what confirms to our own notions, wishes and discard everything else which doesn't align with them; even if they are many contrary indicators. I hope he will get to realise this flaw. More than what a father says, what eventually works is leading by example.

Wondering if any FM or otherwise have tried this ear oil for tinnitus and hearing loss. Feedback / reviews sought

I am considering looking at the amount of time and money I have invested in my setup. Don't want something like an hearing loss to ruin my pleasure.

@Hari Iyer
If you suspect hearing issues, get the ears tested
Cheers,
Raghu
No, I am not suspecting any hearing loss at all - just age related HF loss above 13kHz which is quite normal. This is not a medicine but a tonic for daily use. I am sure no allopathic doctor shall recommend using this as this is ayurvedic.

No, I am not suspecting any hearing loss at all - just age related HF loss above 13kHz which is quite normal. This is not a medicine but a tonic for daily use. I am sure no allopathic doctor shall recommend using this as this is ayurvedic.
For precaution you can just have your ears tested every year and have some multivitamins. Also fruits like banana, pineapple, avacado are good for ears. Give periodic rest from ur system and your ears should be fine.

Listening to music at 108db C weighted as I type this. Pity for you folks stuck at 90db or less. Loud is fun.
Numbers don’t matter. Measurements don’t matter. Yeah 90 dB and 108db is not numbers and measurements. When you are objective but a wanna be subjective. As long as some one is enjoying his music it doesn’t matter if it’s 50db or 90db. Nothing to pity here

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back