Dear all....Need help in buying a music setup ...Help

Harshaicon

Dear all,
Harsha here from Bangalore. I need help in buying a music setup with good quality sound output. I was told that Norge was a good buy with their millennium book shelves but came to know about DNMs
I don't want to take a call without an advise from people in this forum.
Budget 40k
Requirement : crisp and clear sound which will fill your heart

Thanks and regards

I'm new to this forum and don't have great technical knowledge on music so please don't mind if my questions sound silly :(

welcome to the forum! dont worry about sounding 'silly' really :D

IMO the norge set-up shall fulfill your heart & thus requirement. there recently was such a setup on sale here.

I have never listened to a Norge but the on advice I have is that don't go for bookshelves and instead go for tower speakers, even if you have to settle for smallest one and/or even used (second hand).

Dear all,
Harsha here from Bangalore. I need help in buying a music setup with good quality sound output. I was told that Norge was a good buy with their millennium book shelves but came to know about DNMs
Budget 40k

Thanks and regards
Can you give the room dimensions? Listening interests?

Dear all,
Budget 40k

Thanks and regards
Welcome to HFV.

The basic requirement will be:
1. One source (CD, PC, Streamer, etc) - what is your plan for this
2. Integrated Amp (power capability matched to your room and speakers)
3. A pair of 2-way speakers (higher sensitivity if you settle for a lower capacity amp)

40K for a 2-Ch setup is a decent budget.
Norge is a good way to start, suggest you hear them out.
Do expand your search to pre-owned equipment, if acceptable.
If going pre-owned route, limit to local units so that you can audition them.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hello,
I am using Norge 2060 + Boston A26
In my experience its a excellent combo for the price it is available. Boston A26 is available for a very good price on hifimart

In my opinion for a small / medium room the above mentioned configuration is very much satisfying. Very much recommended.

Dear all,
Budget 40k

Thanks and regards

Harsha,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining!
All the best for your equipment search.

Regards

I was told that Norge was a good buy with their millennium book shelves but came to know about DNMs I don't want to take a call without an advise from people in this forum. Budget 40k

Yes.. Norge is good.. But only if you have a CD /DVD / BR Player (or) any other equipment which can / has output analogue signals..

If most of your music in digital format, then if you get a Norge, you will also need to factor in extra budget for an external DAC..

OTOH, you may consider tiny chinese digital amps (SMSL Q5 Pro, FX Audio D802C, 200E) which have all the digital inputs onbaord (Co-axial, optical, USB input, ability to play digital files from USB port and sometimes bluetooth too) for 10K imported to India via aliexpress.. You may spend the rest 30K on speakers..

Choose depending on your convenience..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back