Decent Sound bars

sanjay

Hi everyone,

I am having one Samsung TV that I purchased six years back. Although its picture quality is good but speakers are very disappointing.

I am looking for good sound bars ( should be two in number) that can be placed beside my television. I am having very small room and hence big system can not be adjusted. Apart from it, sound bars should come with USB player and FM so that I can enjoy songs from my pen drive.

Kindly suggest.
Thanx in advance.

@ techboy : Rs.30-40K is not a bomb to shell out... Just remember, its a famous saying... "Quality comes with a Price Tag"...

@ sanjay : There are many Soundbars, TV Sound Enhancers available in the market, starting from Rs.22K to 85K...
But, if you strict on a certain budget i will suggest you choose a SoundBar without the USB and FM, as they in any case will have 2 inputs, one you can use to connect to your TV sound, and second (3.5MM Jack) for connecting your iPod, FM, etc...

What size TV you have...???
And What kind of budget you have kept in for the same...???

We have a product, not SoundBar, but yes, its a 2.1 HD Sound Enhancer...
It goes behind your 30"-40" and 40"-50" Flat Panel...
Its known as QTV-2, a product from the same company of Q Acoustics...
Its priced @ Rs.31,000 + VAT, but we are currently offering it at Rs.27,500 inc VAT...
Visit - Q Acoustics for more details...

I bought a Vizio Sound bar VSB200 plus Polk Sw110 subwoofer and a 220 to 110 Voltage converter for Rs 19200. Just about does the job. Nothing earth shaking.

@mridulgoel

Anything which isn't value for money costs a bomb. If he can get a HTiB for 15k which gives a better experience than a 30k sound bar, then 30k is a bomb.

It is a separate issue that 30k too is peanuts for a good HT or even HTiB for that matter. But nevertheless, spending on the sound bar is like spending a bomb because it doesn't offer the same performance per unit of money.

@mridulgoel

Anything which isn't value for money costs a bomb. If he can get a HTiB for 15k which gives a better experience than a 30k sound bar, then 30k is a bomb.

It is a separate issue that 30k too is peanuts for a good HT or even HTiB for that matter. But nevertheless, spending on the sound bar is like spending a bomb because it doesn't offer the same performance per unit of money.

No Buddy

I have seen many products (not particularly Soundbars), that are quite good, and reproduce / serve better than HTiBs of that price range...
Rs.25K HTiB isn't worth compared to a good 2.1 or 2.0 system...
I rather prefer spending money on a good Multimedia setup in the same price range, than a HTiB...
That's why i said "Quality comes with a Price Tag"...because a Multimedia System @ Rs.25K is better than a HTiB @ the same price tag...
A 2.1 System @ Rs.25K is better than a 5.1 HTiB...

So its nothing against or in favor of particular model / product, its just what i have observed with so many brands available in the market...and after auditioning the products in that price range..

You still didn't get the point.

As a rule for any given price, assuming an average product or a product which is equally VFM in its category

2.0 > 2.1 > 5.1 > Sound bar
in terms especially of music performance.

Assuming 25k,
a 2.0 will be best for music
then a 2.1
then a 5.1
then a sound bar

There is no way that you are buying a sound bar for 30k from company X and the same company is selling a HTiB for 30k which doesn't perform that nicely as that same sound bar.

That is just not possible.

It is possible that a sound bar of 30k from Company Y may beat the HTiB from company X for 30k. But then the HTiB from company Y for 30k will again beat the sound bar from company Y.

You still didn't get the point.

As a rule for any given price, assuming an average product or a product which is equally VFM in its category

2.0 > 2.1 > 5.1 > Sound bar
in terms especially of music performance.

Assuming 25k,
a 2.0 will be best for music
then a 2.1
then a 5.1
then a sound bar

There is no way that you are buying a sound bar for 30k from company X and the same company is selling a HTiB for 30k which doesn't perform that nicely as that same sound bar.

That is just not possible.

It is possible that a sound bar of 30k from Company Y may beat the HTiB from company X for 30k. But then the HTiB from company Y for 30k will again beat the sound bar from company Y.

Yes you are right...

But i was talking on the point, that i am looking at Soundbar but i am being suggested a 5.1, because its bigger and have 5 speakers...

If you are talking about quality perspectives you are right but normally people suggest according to number and setup which is not good...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back