deciding AVR

SDGupta

Hi all,

I have zero-ed in Polk signature series (S20 bookshelves,S30 center channel,HTS10 sub) as speakers. No room for floor standing and no wiring option for sorrounds due to strict orders from 'home ministry' :(. budget around 1L total including AVR.

I liked dali zensor series but they are discontinued and dealers have only 1 pc..not sure if they are demo pieces so discarded.

I have auditioned them with denon x1500H.

Now I'm trying to finalize the AVR for the polks.

my choices within budget (35-40k left) are-

denon x550BT- I seem to like it assuming it carries the same sound signature of 1500H.

yamahav483- Have not been able to audition yamaha but the musicast,wireless rear speaker options are lucrative.

my usage will be 50:50 movie and music.room size 12 by 12.

Not sure which of these will be best suited for the polks.

please suggest.

Suggest you go for the Yamaha as it will match better with Polks.......given your use is 50:50...the speakers you have selected are good....

Also you can consider the Marantz NR1508 which is being sold on HifiMart for 34k....... slim AVR which packs a decent punch .......

Audition where possible and take the plunge

Suggest you go for the Yamaha as it will match better with Polks.......given your use is 50:50...the speakers you have selected are good....

Also you can consider the Marantz NR1508 which is being sold on HifiMart for 34k....... slim AVR which packs a decent punch .......

Audition where possible and take the plunge

Thank you very much for the inputs.

I was considering Marantz but specs say they are a bit underpowered..I have no idea how much real life difference there will be.

another reason is Profx does not keep Marantz..I have visited other dealers in kolkata but its only profx who assured that any after sales problem they will handle..others were a bit escapist when it came to aftersales queries

Thank you very much for the inputs.

I was considering Marantz but specs say they are a bit underpowered..I have no idea how much real life difference there will be.

another reason is Profx does not keep Marantz..I have visited other dealers in kolkata but its only profx who assured that any after sales problem they will handle..others were a bit escapist when it came to aftersales queries

The NR series has got enough of steam to drive Dali Zensor 7 towers......our own FM from Bengaluru used the NR series for more than 2 years......so given the speakers you have....there is no challenge......Marantz is very musical and warm......it will work well....you can read end user reviews in the Marantz owners thread....there are also other threads of Yamaha and Denon which you can also refer to

If u have the budget for Dali’s do go for them. They will sound much nicer then the Polk signature series. They are very much available in plenty. You can also get them in Amazon. Check with other dealers as well. Polk signature series is good but the Dali zensor series is a clear winner compared to Polk s series. You can also look at q acoustics.

If u have the budget for Dali’s do go for them. They will sound much nicer then the Polk signature series. They are very much available in plenty. You can also get them in Amazon. Check with other dealers as well. Polk signature series is good but the Dali zensor series is a clear winner compared to Polk s series. You can also look at q acoustics.
Now this again got me in dillema..which I always had after I heard the Dalis.
I suppose I just missed the bus where zensor 3 was available @ 28.5K in amazon in recent sale..its gone now. price has increased.everyone seems to have just one last unit which makes me wary. I will wait n try to strike a good deal if I get..lets see

I heard the qacoustic 3020i, 3090 center,3060s combo..while they were superbly detailed and musical I thought they struggled with movies.specially the sub seemed weak. As i am not opting for the towers, the relatively smaller bookshelf 3020i might under perform.

Now this again got me in dillema..which I always had after I heard the Dalis.
I suppose I just missed the bus where zensor 3 was available @ 28.5K in amazon in recent sale..its gone now. price has increased.everyone seems to have just one last unit which makes me wary. I will wait n try to strike a good deal if I get..lets see

I heard the qacoustic 3020i, 3090 center,3060s combo..while they were superbly detailed and musical I thought they struggled with movies.specially the sub seemed weak. As i am not opting for the towers, the relatively smaller bookshelf 3020i might under perform.
You can always get the speakers alone Nd the sub separately. But I assure you the winner among the three is the Dali Z series as I have heard all three in same set up. Even if they have just one stock doesn’t mean it’s used. Some will be wrapped in plastic cover over the box . You can very well inspect and make the purchase.

Even I have used Marantz and it is really good for music. My friend used Yamaha and I am impressed with that too. It feels more impactful as compared to Marantz which sounds very smooth. Take a decision on whether you would like impact or smoothness

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back