Deciding b/w Monitor Audio, Dali & B&W for new HTS

united

Hello,

This is my first post on HIFIVision.

I am planning to buy a new 5.1 Home Theater system. It will be 70% used for movies and 30% for music. I have shortlisted Monitor Audio RX6/RX8, Dali Ikon 7 mk2 and B&W CM8.

I am planning to take the following configuration :
Dali
Front : Ikon 7 mk2
Center : Ikon Vokal
Sub : Not Decided.
Surrounds : In-ceiling speakers. Not decided.

Monitor Audio(MA)
Front : MA RX6/R8
Center : MA RXcenter
Sub : Not decided.

B&W
Front : CM8
Center : CMcenter
Sub : Not decided. Preferably B&W ASW610

I have taken a demo for all 3 of them. But I am really confused which one to go for.

I am not able to decide the subwoofer,surrounds(In-ceiling) and AV receiver. My budget for
Subwoofer :Rs 60,000
In-ceiling surrounds : Rs 45,000.
Av receiver : Rs 80,000

Can somebody suggest
1. Subwoofer ,surrounds and AV receiver which can go with each configuration

2. Difference between MA RX6/RX8

I know it is a lot to ask for.

United

Welcome to HFV forum :) you have a great budget!! Please let us know your room size.

Most people select the speaker first in this order: Front Towers/BS Center Sub Surrounds. The most important in Cinema is the Center & Front. So its best to finalize these two and then gradually built the others.

If all the three brands you selected are almost sounding same, (without MUCH difference) may be this is why its confusing for you (I may be wrong). then please add these three for your audition. They sound superior as most member say here. PSB Image T6, Focal Chorus 726, Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6. They should help you to narrow down or zero down on the speaker.

Please look at the Marantz SR6007 7.2 at HiFiMart.com. It's one of the best AVR with very good price within your budget.

Last edited:
If all the speaker models are sounding the same another way to select is based on the international price vs the Indian price.
Some brands are marked up exorbitantly in India.
You can do an Internet search for the international prices.

If you choose Wharfedale speakers, then I can offer you a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 speakers for your front left and front right speakers.

Welcome to HFV forum :) you have a great budget!! Please let us know your room size.

Most people select the speaker first in this order: Front Towers/BS Center Sub Surrounds. The most important in Cinema is the Center & Front. So its best to finalize these two and then gradually built the others.

If all the three brands you selected are almost sounding same, (without MUCH difference) may be this is why its confusing for you (I may be wrong). then please add these three for your audition. They sound superior as most member say here. PSB Image T6, Focal Chorus 726, Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6. They should help you to narrow down or zero down on the speaker.

Please look at the Marantz SR6007 7.2 at HiFiMart.com. It's one of the best AVR with very good price within your budget.
My room size is 24ft x 22ft.

I am mostly going ahead with Monitor Audio RX6 or RX8.

Can somebody tell me the differences between RX6 and RX8 ?

RX6 / 8 .... It might not work out.
> 520 sq. ft. single room?! or an apartment? That too in Mumbai! :indifferent14:

You would need MA's Platinum speakers to do justice. PL200 would do for the fronts at least. I remembered there is a 'used' pair available at Hyderabad @ 3.2L.

I have RX6 and found them better than Dali Ikon 6 and B&W 68* while auditioning with Dali being better than B&W. While auditioning, I felt RX8 had greater amount of bass but it spoiled the overall sound for me. RX6 has very taut and tuneful bass which RX8 lacks. I would also suggest to look at Tannoy DC6T. They are very good although I felt RX6 just edged them out.

You can do an Internet search for the international prices. thanks
12.gif

thoug I am a big fan of the Monitor Audio RX series speakers, to fill your mega size room, I would advice you to also look in to the Polk RTI A9 and the Paradigm Monitor speakers. These two speakers can go very loud and can fill your room.
My top pick is always the KEF R series, then the REVEL Performa3 and the MA RX & KEF Q speakers. KEF R900 and Revel 208 can fill your room, but are priced around Rs.3lakh and Rs.3.8Lakh. KEF Q900 and MA RX8 are great speakers too, but they may not fill your mega size room like the polk or the paradigm.
And between the RX6 and RX8, I suggest you to go for the RX8, because the RX8 has a bigger cabinet and additional driver, which may help you in filling your mega size room comparatively better. Though it is the RX6, which is more neutral sounding than the RX8, in your room the RX8 should sound fuller and more balanced and will have wider sound stage than the RX6.

Hi,
You must not be knowing that Moniter audio has its own ceiling surround speakers which you can use them as surrounds C265 FX also Moniter Audio has a Bronze Sub which fits in your budget.Regarding your AV Receiver Denon X 3000 is the best match for Moniter Audio speakers.

Regards

Homiyar.
I know. I am mostly planning to go for C265FX and RD370HD sub.

I have finally bought Monitor Audio with the following setup :
Monitor Audio(MA)
Front : MA RX6
Center : MA RXcenter
Sub : MA RD370HD
AV Receiver : Marantz SR6007

I have now buy the in-ceiling speakers and have to decide between :
definitive technology DI 6.5R,
Speakercraft AIM5 One, CRS5.5R

I have to select between them since I have cut-out diameter restriction of 6.75 inch

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back