Deciding New A/V Reciever

beauty55

hi everybody,

i am newbie here,and i would like to buy a new a/v reciever this diwali

i live in hyderabad.

Can you suggest some a/v recievers under 25k budget and the shops where i can get those in hyderabad.

thank you

hi everybody,

i am newbie here,and i would like to buy a new a/v reciever this diwali

i live in hyderabad.

Can you suggest some a/v recievers under 25k budget and the shops where i can get those in hyderabad.

thank you

The Onkyo TX-SR505 is a great buy under 25K

You can check it out at:

Shop No.2, Ground Floor,
Meridian Plaza, 6-3-853/1,
Ameerpet Green Lands Road,
Ameerpet,
Hyderabad - 500 016.
Ph # 91-040-65582116, 65582117, 23414018
Mobile # 98490 41504

Hey beauty55

I am a big time Yamaha fan, but I agree with particleman - the low end Yam's suck. The RXV 659 / 661 is the lowest starting point where the power of Yamaha comes to light.

Viki

Hey buddy, i've been checking out receivers too. Hv more or less zoomed into the Denon 1907. While these are pretty expensive with authorized dealers - check out Fairdeal Electronics at Bom.

Hey buddy, i've been checking out receivers too. Hv more or less zoomed into the Denon 1907. While these are pretty expensive with authorized dealers - check out Fairdeal Electronics at Bom.

where is this place buddy,can u give me an idea?

Hi,

It is well past Diwali according to the requirements of the original poster. However, I would like to share some of my views from auditioning various receivers over the past two months.

I completed an audition of Cambridge Audio receiver 540R yesterday. And, if music is of primary importance, CA receivers offer a very good deal. In Bangalore, the 340R is available for about Rs. 26000 and 540R for about Rs. 31000. These two represent a very good deal. Both of these receivers feature toroidal transformers, unheard at this price range. I believe, that the receiver that do well with music will mostly do well with movies also. However, the other way around may not be true.

The only thing is that the CA receivers lack features. Both these receivers have HDMI, but it is switching only. So you cannot receive your audio through HDMI. You need a seperate connection for that. There is no auto calibration. Also, 340R is 5.1 receiver while 540R is 6.1 receiver. However, it more than compensates where it matters.

If features are important along with music, Marantz offers the best deal. If music is not that important, then Denon and Onkyo are the way to go. Yamaha is also highly recommended for movies in various forums, however I have not auditioned them and hence will not comment on them.

If you are interested in music but are buying a a/v receiver as a compromise, I would recommend to add CA and Marantz receivers on your must-audition list.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back