Screenshot_20201002-161727__01.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20201002-161737__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-161737__01.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20201002-161743.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-161743.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 113
@pantpank, it is an impressive setup. Could you please share the specific details regarding the ceiling- type of material used, cost, type of concealed wiring etc. That would be immense value to people who want to do a similar set up.
Ceiling is POP. Was planning to go for mineral fibre tiles but then some FM's suggested to not go for it as it wouldn't sound lively. The overall cost for wiring (concealed ) along with sofa was around 70k.

Ceiling is POP. Was planning to go for mineral fibre tiles but then some FM's suggested to not go for it as it wouldn't sound lively. The overall cost for wiring (concealed ) along with sofa was around 70k.
Thanks for the info @pantpank. Are you facing any issues due to POP ceiling. There are numerous threads on this forum itself where it has been recommended to install anti-reflective ceiling. This doubt since I am also creating a media room with similar dimension as yours. My room size is 18’ 10” x 13’. It is under construction. I am finalising on the interiors and need information regarding concealed wiring for Atmos ceiling speakers, rear surrounds and projector. I have to decide on the equipment too. But that would be the next stage.
I had created a post on another discussion.
Post in thread 'Slow Build : 5.1.2 | ₹ ~ 1L | 11' X 16.5' Living room'
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/slow-build-5-1-2-₹-1l-11-x-16-5-living-room.80414/post-899029
@pantpank it would be nice if you could share room preparation and wiring aspects. Equipment wise your setup looks pretty neat and can be replicated. You may have some more insight on that front after your usage for few months.

Thanks for the info @pantpank. Are you facing any issues due to POP ceiling. There are numerous threads on this forum itself where it has been recommended to install anti-reflective ceiling. This doubt since I am also creating a media room with similar dimension as yours. My room size is 18’ 10” x 13’. It is under construction. I am finalising on the interiors and need information regarding concealed wiring for Atmos ceiling speakers, rear surrounds and projector. I have to decide on the equipment too. But that would be the next stage.
I had created a post on another discussion.
Post in thread 'Slow Build : 5.1.2 | ₹ ~ 1L | 11' X 16.5' Living room'
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/slow-build-5-1-2-₹-1l-11-x-16-5-living-room.80414/post-899029
@pantpank it would be nice if you could share room preparation and wiring aspects. Equipment wise your setup looks pretty neat and can be replicated. You may have some more insight on that front after your usage for few months.
No, haven't faced any issues so far due to pop ceiling. Since my room has foam padded sofa and sliding entrance door, carpet, acoustic wall panels and acoustic foam, it take cares of the sound extremely well so didn't need to go for mineral fibre ceiling tiles. The sound is so good infact even better than local cinema with clear dialogues. At the time of room setup I had old onkyo htib avr and I could see huge improvement in the sound in that room now have I am using denon 3500 avr. Would suggest to definitely cover your room with a floor carpet it makes huge difference. Atmos wiring was planned during ceiling pop construction and for surround concealed wiring the electrivian had to make grooves on the wall which was later on plastered and painted.

No, haven't faced any issues so far due to pop ceiling. Since my room has foam padded sofa and sliding entrance door, carpet, acoustic wall panels and acoustic foam, it take cares of the sound extremely well so didn't need to go for mineral fibre ceiling tiles. The sound is so good infact even better than local cinema with clear dialogues. At the time of room setup I had old onkyo htib avr and I could see huge improvement in the sound in that room now have I am using denon 3500 avr. Would suggest to definitely cover your room with a floor carpet it makes huge difference. Atmos wiring was planned during ceiling pop construction and for surround concealed wiring the electrivian had to make grooves on the wall which was later on plastered and painted.
Since I haven’t yet decided the equipment, selection of wires is an issue. Did some research and it appears that 6 ohm wires should be able to do justice to most of the setup. Is that assessment correct? The longest running speaker wire would be approx 30 feet in my room.

I have used
Since I haven’t yet decided the equipment, selection of wires is an issue. Did some research and it appears that 6 ohm wires should be able to do justice to most of the setup. Is that assessment correct? The longest running speaker wire would be approx 30 feet in my room.
I am using 16 guage speaker wire Amazon brand and pretty satisfied with it. Even my longest running wire is around 30 feet for the surrounds so I guess it will be good. Had read few articles where it was mentioned that within 50 feet, 16 guage wire is sufficient and if it's more than 50 feet then 14/12 guage wire is recommended.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back