Deep purple Concert in Bangalore

starts from 4999....not been to any concerts in India...is this pricing par for the course? Of course one can expect mostly 40+ uncles who would be doing well in their careers/business....but still...seems high right for a third world country?

starts from 4999....not been to any concerts in India...is this pricing par for the course? Of course one can expect mostly 40+ uncles who would be doing well in their careers/business....but still...seems high right for a third world country?
about 21 years ago( early 2002 ) , had been to Roger Waters here in Palace Ground. The starting price then was around 900.
later Scorpions some time in 2007 , it was about 1.5-2K ( do not recollect ).

...Seems reasonable to me even for 20+ year old uncles.

Bottom line is, if you love the music a given artist, being live at their concert is a different experience.

Still remember the good old days of 90-91 where people like me with no "posh" friends had not been exposed to western music. That was when I was in my late 'teen uncle' days....and suddenly you had Channel V and then MTV and while the in-vogue songs were of course the favored ones....every day religiously used to watch Classic MTV where songs released even in mid eighties were considered Classic!!!

Am sure many of you have already seen/heard ….the podcasts of Cyrus Broacha where he interacts with his old VJ friends like Malaka, Sahular, Mini Mathur...etc. are very funny and makes you nostalgic.....this of course is strictly for the 40+ year old uncles :)

20+ year old uncles wouldn't understand this!

Reg the ticket prices...guess am just an old fart with my way thinking stuck a decade or two back. Couple of weeks back was checking with my kids as to why they didn't go to Chinnaswamy for the world cup and my jaw dropped when they mentioned the typically available ticket prices. I understand this is once in a lifetime thing and all....but someone spending 5-7K for a ticket... that's 25-30K for a family of four....hmm

Last edited:
Still remember the good old days of 90-91 where people like me with no "posh" friends had not been exposed to western music. That was when I was in my late 'teen uncle' days....and suddenly you had Channel V and then MTV and while the in-vogue songs were of course the favored ones....every day religiously used to watch Classic MTV where songs released even in mid eighties were considered Classic!!!

Am sure many of you have already seen/heard ….the podcasts of Cyrus Broacha where he interacts with his old VJ friends like Malaka, Sahular, Mini Mathur...etc. are very funny and makes you nostalgic.....this of course is strictly for the 40+ year old uncles :)

20+ year old uncles wouldn't understand this!

Reg the ticket prices...guess am just an old fart with my way thinking stuck a decade or two back. Couple of weeks back was checking with my kids as to why they didn't go to Chinnaswamy for the world cup and my jaw dropped when they mentioned the typically available ticket prices. I understand this is once in a lifetime thing and all....but someone spending 5-7K for a ticket... that's 25-30K for a family of four....hmm
Sounds like you are in the 20+ uncles club yourself?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back