hey brothers

after all your replies on my short list thread fro subwoofers

how you guys think of definitive technology

i'm talking about supercube series 1,2 and 3

price are 77000,67000 and 47000 respectively

so these subs are in my price range

so any thoughts :)

hey brothers

i was looking into supercube 1 specs it said ""One high-definition 10" long throw woofer, pressure coupled to two 10 low bass radiators""

but what is the meaning of pressure coupled to two 10inch low bass radiators is it means it has two more 10 inch drivers or what

hey brothers please tell i was looking to deftech supercube 1 and it has one powered 10 inch woofer and two passive 10 inch woofers so what is the meaning of this does this mean it need external amplifier

hey brothers

i was looking into supercube 1 specs it said ""One high-definition 10" long throw woofer, pressure coupled to two 10 low bass radiators""

but what is the meaning of pressure coupled to two 10inch low bass radiators is it means it has two more 10 inch drivers or what

Manu, since you a base fanatic and you just love multiple drivers - Super Cubes would just excite you.

You see, a supercube sub woofer has three drivers. One active and two passive. Instead of a exhaust port, it has two passive radiators or drivers.
I got this info from M/s Lakozy when I bought my PSB. I wanted a supercube II, but my acoustic consultant insisted on a front-firing single driver.

These tiny demons emit a lot of quality base from a small cabinet owing to three drivers.
I personally am a fan of technology used by def tech. You should really give supercube I an audition. I have auditioned it. It is a beauty. Maybe you might not need more subs after supercube I !!!

Cheers!!

Manu, since you a base fanatic and you just love multiple drivers - Super Cubes would just excite you.

You see, a supercube sub woofer has three drivers. One active and two passive. Instead of a exhaust port, it has two passive radiators or drivers.
I got this info from M/s Lakozy when I bought my PSB. I wanted a supercube II, but my acoustic consultant insisted on a front-firing single driver.

These tiny demons emit a lot of quality base from a small cabinet owing to three drivers.
I personally am a fan of technology used by def tech. You should really give supercube I an audition. I have auditioned it. It is a beauty. Maybe you might not need more subs after supercube I !!!

Cheers!!

hey brother can you please tell me that it has two passive radiators so do i need external amp to power it or not

no extra amp is needed.
1 active driver will resonate the passive ones.
Passive radiator designs are considered best AFAIK, compared to sealed or ported subs. Of course, a badly implemented passive sub will sound worse than a well implemented 2000 cubic ft sealed sub.

But I am not sure what is a "musical sub". Probably one that distorts less.

I can just dream of buying such expensive subs. Manu dear, when you decide to upgrade from klipsch ref passive radiator sub to something better, please consider gifting me the old klipsch
:yahoo:
regards

no extra amp is needed.
1 active driver will resonate the passive ones.
Passive radiator designs are considered best AFAIK, compared to sealed or ported subs. Of course, a badly implemented passive sub will sound worse than a well implemented 2000 cubic ft sealed sub.

But I am not sure what is a "musical sub". Probably one that distorts less.

I can just dream of buying such expensive subs. Manu dear, when you decide to upgrade from klipsch ref passive radiator sub to something better, please consider gifting me the old klipsch
:yahoo:
regards

:signthankspin:

hey brother i don't have any klipsch subs :eek:hyeah: but polk subs :cool:

no manu, they are passive radiators, you do not need any external amplification for them. they work according to the air pressure. they do not have any magnet or voice coil and are used to extend the low frequency response/performance of a subwoofer.

regards,
abhishek.

hey brothers

after all your replies on my short list thread fro subwoofers

how you guys think of definitive technology

i'm talking about supercube series 1,2 and 3

price are 77000,67000 and 47000 respectively

so these subs are in my price range

so any thoughts :)

Def Tech subs are very good performance wise. I am assuming that with you rpotential budget around 50,000, you will be auditioning other brands such as HSU etc. I believe that sourcing from Singapore would be an option as well. Though I have not done it myself there are some who have on this forum.

Also at this price, you will want to look at Velodyne

A passive radiator, I suppose, is like speaker without voice coil/magnets.
You can see it here .. for example ..
PR263WA01
It won't generate sound waves by itself, but instead share the box with an active speaker and radiate it to the other side.

Sorry, just saw, the query is already answered .. but i cudn't find a way to delete my post :sad:

Last edited:
Def Tech subs are very good performance wise. I am assuming that with you rpotential budget around 50,000, you will be auditioning other brands such as HSU etc. I believe that sourcing from Singapore would be an option as well. Though I have not done it myself there are some who have on this forum.

Also at this price, you will want to look at Velodyne

hey brother can you tell me which velodyne model you are talking about and where in india we can audition hsu subs

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back