Delhi Audiophiles - Jan '10 Meet

Helium & a Million Dollar smile.

Group of wonderstruck audiophiles.

A nice one of Dr Sa'ab.

Another oic of the eqpt showing the Bryston,et al.

The back of an ATC Speaker

A beautiful one of the Akais & the cylinder Phonograph-could'nt resist posting it!

A sharp one of the collection

And finally, some pics of people-

Dr Sa'ab, his daughter & HifiAshok.

DilliHifi & G.Venu.

G.Venu, HifiAshok, Viren,( near the door) & Helium

Self (The Wreck) & Viren.
Sigh! I wish I were younger.Sometimes I feel so out of place among the young, energetic youngsters!

Another shot of the youngsters.

Leave taking, after a wonderful afternoon.

hi kamal,

i can see that the nobody enters the rooms where the records and the equipment are stacked - thick layer of dust.

has this man's wife left him? (just like my wife will do soon!!)

regds

I don't think so-she was our hostess!
Actually, Doc Sa'ab is a very busy man-works even on Sundays, & he said that time was a big constraint for him.
Guess he'll get to really enjoy his collection only after he quits working.

I don't think so-she was our hostess!
Actually, Doc Sa'ab is a very busy man-works even on Sundays, & he said that time was a big constraint for him.
Guess he'll get to really enjoy his collection only after he quits working.

doctor sa'abs usually are workaholics and will only stop working when their bodies fail them - and at that stage doctor sa'ab's ears may not be in good condition:sad:

your impressions about those ATC loudspeakers, Kamal?

regds

So much hardware and so many cds, lps,
Sort of an audio museum, maybe one in india :)

Whats the idea behind having 2 speakers on on the other?

Hi,

Thanks Kamal.

What an amazing collection.

The Micro Seki and the Audio Linear with SME series 111 arm are quite rare.

I am surprised to see a Meltron badged EMT 938 broadcast TT.I have seen several Meltron Nagra tape recorders but was not aware that EMT had also tied up with Meltron.

How did the stacked NS1000's and the NuVista amp.sound?

Regards
Rajiv

Last edited:
Nice Pics, what can I say......I wish I was there....
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Hi,

Thanks Kamal.

What an amazing collection.

The Micro Seki and the Audio Linear with SME series 111 arm are quite rare.

I am surprised to see a Meltron badged EMT 938 broadcast TT.I have seen several Meltron Nagra tape recorders but was not aware that EMT had also tied up with Meltron.

How did the stacked NS1000's and the NuVista amp.sound?

Regards
Rajiv
Not too good, I'm afraid,Rajiv.
The upper pair was stacked upside down obviously to create a sort of D'Apollito configuration, but did'nt work out particularly well, IMHO.
When we heard just one pair connected to the QuadII Monoblocks, it sounded much better
Doc will be getting in a standby genset sometime in Feb; I'm keen to go listen to the Quads thereafter.
Regards,
Kamal

Suri wrote-

"...your impressions about those ATC loudspeakers, Kamal?"

Could'nt hear them, unfortunately-the were in store,not in the listening den.
Maybe some time later...
Regards,
kamal

Well, Sam, all you need to do is cross the road!
It is we who had to drive for one hour...
Plz do come for the 7th Feb Meet.
Regards,
Kamal

yea I know, but not to worry, very soon my house construction would start and I will then have my own HIFI full blown HT room with elite enough equipment to arrange my own meet and call you all once again to Ghz. Just cross your fingers and pray that all goes well and on time...:)

yea I know, but not to worry, very soon my house construction would start and I will then have my own HIFI full blown HT room with elite enough equipment to arrange my own meet and call you all once again to Ghz. Just cross your fingers and pray that all goes well and on time...:)
Amen!
Kamal

Good to see such a Rare collection of Software but sad to see all that equipment gathering dust. If doc saab could afford all this then he could also afford a helper who would look and take care of this exquisite collection. :D I wouldn't mind voltunteering and that too for free but on the condition that I get the chance to play with all those hardware and software.:D

Good to see such a Rare collection of Software but sad to see all that equipment gathering dust. If doc saab could afford all this then he could also afford a helper who would look and take care of this exquisite collection. :D I wouldn't mind voltunteering and that too for free but on the condition that I get the chance to play with all those hardware and software.:D
As a matter of coincidence, exactly this suggestion was made to Dr Garg-It would be nice to see the collection catalogued/stored/maintained in a more systematic manner.
It is obviously the result of lifelong passion, labour & investment.
Dr Garg called last evening, inviting us over again once he gets his stsndby genset so that we can experience the Quads; you must be sure to make it next time.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back