Demon avr and Polk speakers. Need help please

kaushik_dhume

Dear friends. I am planning to buy a new stereo system .It will be mostly for music and less for movies.This is my first buy and I d not have much knowledge about this.
I am planning to go for an AVR with two tower speakers which I plan to upgrade to a 5.1 system later. My budget would be around 60-70 thousand for the tower speakers and AVR.
I was planning to go for POLK TSX 440 t with a DENON AVR( AVR-x520BT or AVR-X510BT)
1.Could anybody suggest any other combination of the same?
2.Will I get any other better speakers in the same price range?
3. If you suggest to go for POLK would the above mentioned AVRs be good enough to power the towers (and my future 5.1 system??)
Kindly help me out .Looking forwards to your help and suggestions,
Regards
Dr Kaushik Dhume

Dear friends. I am planning to buy a new stereo system .It will be mostly for music and less for movies.This is my first buy and I d not have much knowledge about this.
I am planning to go for an AVR with two tower speakers which I plan to upgrade to a 5.1 system later. My budget would be around 60-70 thousand for the tower speakers and AVR.
I was planning to go for POLK TSX 440 t with a DENON AVR( AVR-x520BT or AVR-X510BT)
1.Could anybody suggest any other combination of the same?
2.Will I get any other better speakers in the same price range?
3. If you suggest to go for POLK would the above mentioned AVRs be good enough to power the towers (and my future 5.1 system??)
Kindly help me out .Looking forwards to your help and suggestions,
Regards
Dr Kaushik Dhume

Hi,

Polk Audio speakers are generally known for their prowess for Movies rather than Music. However, I am myself using Polk with Marantz and enjoy both Movies and Music. Hence, this is a very subjective preference.

I would suggest auditioning various AVR and Speaker combinations, shortlisting AVRs and Speakers, and then looking for member feedback here.

MaSh

Hi,

Polk Audio speakers are generally known for their prowess for Movies rather than Music. However, I am myself using Polk with Marantz and enjoy both Movies and Music. Hence, this is a very subjective preference.

I would suggest auditioning various AVR and Speaker combinations, shortlisting AVRs and Speakers, and then looking for member feedback here.

MaSh

Yes, My opinion also as same as you. 60% movies and 40% music combination is the polk audio.

Did audition today.tried the wharfedale diamond 10.7 10.6 and 204, pioneer (Andrew Jones ) and quad.I just loved the 10.6.so warm sounding wih deep bass.also tried quad amp and marantz r 1402.I think the marantz was awesome.

Polk will be good for movies.
Try to audition speakers like KEF q500 ,Dali Zensor 7/5 ,B&W etc. Shortlist and decide.
Instead of x520 ,try for x1200 w which will be having more features.

Hi Kaushik,

Marantz has a warm signature for Music and performs very well for gaming and movies too.....have been a Marantz user for the past 4+ years now.....used all different brands before ...somehow glued to Marantz for now....

Polks work well for movies and lack slight punch for music...this is my honest view about them ...some may agree or disagree with this...after all everyone has a different listening ear and interest....there are many many brands of speakers which are cheap, moderate and even expensive......you need to decide...

Since you are based in Goa, dealers would be limited and I am sure the costing would be higher.

If you are down in Mumbai, there are lot of dealers who sell different systems. As advised by fellow members, audition and decide what appeals to you....carry your kind of music....

If budget is a slight challenge and still you are not too sure what to go for, the best would be to go in for pre pre owned systems available in the For Sale by Owner section and Hi Fi Ads...there are a lot of AVRs and Speakers available which may interest you...all the best..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back