Denon 1508 + Bose Acoustimass 5?

krahul

I'm planning on buying a Denon 1508 AVR with Bose Acoustimass 5 Series III speakers. Want to use it only for music initially, with the flexibility of upgrading to a HT in the future (say 5 years out). I auditioned Polk Monitor series that sounded a bit better, but am giving in to the size advantage of Bose. This setup comes to around 24900 (1508) + 19000 (Acoustimass5) + 4000 (Brackets, cables).

- Any other options I should consider in the same price range?
- These prices are from the Bose store in Forum and ProFX in MG Road in Bangalore. Any better dealers in Bangalore?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Rahul

Hi Rahul
You sure do have many other options other then Bose Acoustimass5 for Rs. 19,000/- + 4,000/-
First of all this sub/sat systems sound too bright and bass is boomy. I am using a Pandam passive sub with DNM sats. Maybe its more to do with my speaker choice but I guess in general sub/sats sound like that.
I am not that up to date with the current market scene but for sure for 23,000/- you can get good sounding BS or floorstanders from Wharfedale or brands in similar league with decent quality speaker cable and interconnect
I am sure other members will post in detail about it soon and also will let you know if your amp choice is right or not.
Considering that you are going to use this setup only for music for almost 5 years then its a better choice to opt for a 2 channel amp.

Rahul

Denon - AVR 1508 is a good choice no doubt...

But, why are you clubbing the Lifestyle Speakers of Bose with the system...

The size advantage you think bose is better, makes it a Lifestyle System...
They cannot be considered for HT purpose...

As you said, you are looking in for Setup which is basically for Audio...
Then you can focus on Mordaunt Short or Wharfedale...

And in case as you said you are looking in for a HT setup upgrade in next 5 years...so dear frnd.. by tht time... you can never predict where the technology will be and at what price...

So my better suggestion would be to go for the following :
Amplifier - CA540 Stereo Integrated Amp 2.0 Channel....
Speakers - Mordaunt Short - Avant 906i Floor Standers....
CDP - Pioneer DV-600 or DV-610....
Cables - Usher - 16gauge or QED - 16gauge

The total budget you will end up would be approx. Rs.50K....

The next suggestion goes for the following :
Amplifier - CA-540 Home Cinema AVR or Denon-1508 or Marantz - 4001.
Speakers - Mordaunt Short - Avant 906i or Wharfedale 8.0 Series.
CDP - Pioneer DV-600 or DV-610...
Cables - Usher - 16gauge or QED - 16gauge...

The total budget you will end up would be approx. Rs.60K....

The above consideration what i have suggested suits well for Audio Setup...Where Denon-AVR1508 will give you a 50-50 combination for Music & Movie proportion...

So, audition all the above stuff, and take your time to decide before taking any decision...
And preferably you should take your own CD to audition the same music on all the systems...

Do post the updates..outta.. here...

Rikhav and Mridul - thanks a lot for the advice.

Couple more questions -
- Where in Bangalore can I audition the Wharfedale speakers?
- Whats the right price for the Denon 1508 in Bangalore? Sumaria.in (which is a Mumbai store) quotes it at 23700, while ProFX in Bangalore has the MRP at 24900.

Thanks again for the continued help.

Regards
Rahul

Rikhav and Mridul - thanks a lot for the advice.

Couple more questions -
- Where in Bangalore can I audition the Wharfedale speakers?
- Whats the right price for the Denon 1508 in Bangalore? Sumaria.in (which is a Mumbai store) quotes it at 23700, while ProFX in Bangalore has the MRP at 24900.

Thanks again for the continued help.

Regards
Rahul

Rahul

You can demo the following below :
Wharfedale - Vector Systems, Brigade Road
Mordaunt Short - Audio Planet, BDA Complex, Koramangala
Denon - ProFx, Barton Center, MG Road
Cambridge Audio - Audio Planet, BDA Complex, Koramangala
Pioneer - Pro Audiotronics, Gem Plaza, Infantry Road
Usher - ARN Retail Management, Frazer Town
QED - ProFx, Barton Center, MG Road

I think the above should do....

Anyways, when you confirm your order to ProFx, even if you will ask them, they will even give you 5% discount on the price...
But prefer taking it from ProFx, as they are the National Distributors...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back