denon 1909 Vs Yamaha RX663BL

anandls

Hi All,
I just wanted the input from the group about the above mentioned AVR's. Which one is better among the two.

denon 1909 and Yamaha RX663BL

Hi All,
I just wanted the input from the group about the above mentioned AVR's. Which one is better among the two.

It depends - what do you plan to use this for? Movies/Music and if who what kind and the split between the 2. Also what speakers you have or are planning to get? The general rule is to match a sort of laid back AVR like denon with a slightly forward spkr combo and vice versa.

I used Yamaha 363 in the past and it was pretty decent, but recently I auditioned Yamaha RX-V663 and it was majorly impressive especially in the price range. Just go with it.

i have 663 with Polks they are a perfect combination, especially if you drive a Big speaker put them on pure mode voila you a have 2 channel clean stereo.
or enjoy them for the HT. or turn your place to 7ch stereo.;)

What-HiFi haters, please don't bash me. This is purely for Anand's (OP) information, nor an opinion of my own.

In the latest version of WhatHiFi, they have done a group test of 7 AVRs:

Denon 1909
HK AVR 255
Onkyo 606
Pioneer 1018H
Sony STR DA2400ES
Yamaha 763
Yamaha 863

The Winners? Yamaha. According to WhatHifi, Yamaha has raised the bar to 'a virtually unassailable height'.

I have personally heard the 863 and the 663 many times. Both have identical sound signatures and are very good for movies and music alike.

Cheers

Hi All,

Yamaha 663 is allrounder,only it cannot upscale like Denon 1909.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back