denon 1910 vs Pioneer VSX-1019AH

Denon 1910 is better than Pio any time.Price is high,but performance is better than pio.

You can also consider the Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH. It is the model higher than 1019 and available for 35k via Global Ebay. I have given the link in another thread.

Raghav

can some plz tell me as to the difference between the two?and reason for their superiority over the other

Denon is always the FIRST. and 1910 has got Anchors Bay upscaling too. It can even upscale SD signals to HD. Even Pio has but its result is not as good as Denon. But 1910 has a poor UI.

Denon is superior as they have histiry making AVR & completed 100yrs.
So age is something to do with quality????
Wow
So OPPO is trash right?????As it is founded in 2004!!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
Why the hell it so well regarded????

Also by this logic I know who is the best director of India?>
He is Dev Ananad ( B.1923) ....I've failed to understand why his movies are failing for last 2 decades? Why such gems like Mr Prime Minister,Love at Times Square,Censor,Gangster,Sau Crore , Sachhe Ka Bolbala remained unappreciated???

Nothing against Denon ,it is Fantastic brand but Pioneer also have impressive resume' -

From Wikipedia
Pioneer played a role in the development of interactive cable TV, the Laser Disc player, the first automotive Compact Disc player, the first detachable face car stereo, Supertuner technology, DVD and DVD recording, plasma display, and Organic LED display (OLED). The company works with optical disc and display technology and software products and is also a manufacturer.

Pioneer world firsts...

# 1962 Jun. Introduces the worlds first separate stereo system.
# 1975 Nov. Introduces the worlds first component car stereo.
# 1977 Dec. Introduces the worlds first two-way addressable CATV system in the U.S. (with Warner Cable).
# 1979 Feb. Introduces the industry-use Laserdisc player.
# 1984 Oct. Releases the worlds first car CD player.
# 1990 Jun. Introduces the worlds first CD-based GPS automotive navigation system.
# 1992 Oct. Introduces the worlds first 4x CD-ROM changer.
# 1997 Jun. Introduces the worlds first DVD-based GPS automotive navigation system.
# 1997 Oct. Introduces the worlds first DVD-R drive.
# 1997 Nov. Introduces the worlds first OEL-equipped car audio product.
# 1997 Dec. Introduces the worlds first high definition 50-inch plasma display for consumer use.
# 1998 Jun. Introduces the worlds first DVD-based GPS automotive navigation system featuring 8.5GB dual-layered DVD disc.
# 1999 Dec. Introduces the worlds first DVD recorder compatible with the DVD-RW format.
# 2008 Jul 7. Pioneer develops 16 layer Blu-ray Disc capable of storing 400 GB.

Maybe many developments in ICE but then again it launched a format like Laserdisk and member of digital formats devoloping companies..

Again remember " History is nothing to do with a great product."

Again if 100 year history is sure shot way of great products then how one can explain GM going bankrupt on their 101 st year of operation?? Or why they were not able to make fuel efficient cars after seeing the market trend...

The Pioneer has been rated very highly. And it does have the Anchor Bay chip for video-upscaling. This was not known earlier, but revealed lated in an article.

The Pioneer comes bundled with an iPod Connector cable, so there's no need of a separate iPod Dock.

No doubt, that Denon is a known brand. But, with these two receivers, I feel the Pioneer wins over the Denon.

The Pioneer has been rated very highly. And it does have the Anchor Bay chip for video-upscaling. This was not known earlier, but revealed lated in an article.

The Pioneer comes bundled with an iPod Connector cable, so there's no need of a separate iPod Dock.

No doubt, that Denon is a known brand. But, with these two receivers, I feel the Pioneer wins over the Denon.

To be honest unless a shootout is made ,it is difficult to say someone is best.
My point is hat claiming some brand is best on it's supposed glorious history. and that to not even knowing other brands history.

a good point in favour on enon is that there is seizable volume of AVRs by denon ,so that spares may be available in grey..

but one should not accept it is the best without hearing is pure crap!
It is like AV max sometimes claimed Onkyo as " best AVR in world" ,and now I doubt they know about hoi end AVR's like Lexicon, McIntosh etc!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back