Denon 2310 or Yamaha 863 or Sony 2400ES ???

gautamz

I have heard plenty good about the Yamaha 863 and Denon 2310... planning to get an audition soon for them. I am also intrigued by the Sony 2400ES ... supposed to be very good for movies and music and upscales to 1080p! unfortunately can't audition in India :(

I can get the Yamaha 863 for approx INR 48K, the Denon 2310 for approx INR 46K and the Sony 2400 for about INR 41K... Budget is not a big concern. I am hoping to sell off my existing Onkyo 705 for between 25K and 30K and so I am well covered there.

I want an AVR that does movies and music well and which I can bi-amp. My 705 was good for movies and so so for music... till I bi-amped it. That changed its personality and made me a bi-amp convert!

While the audition should help me with deciding between Yamaha and Denon... the Sony seems like a very good VFM deal... but I have no way of knowing first hand... so I though I would take your help...

Any suggestions? Are the yamaha and denon better than the sony that I shouldn't spend much though over it?

Yam 863 is best for mov & music, much better than 705.Only vid upscaling is poor than Denon 2310. Denon come sec with all rounder capabilities...

Sony is good but on basis of mag rev.Dont know in real.

Hi
From which source you will be procuring sony?
Anyway just find out about support sony offers its internationalproducts. IMHO servicing sony will be nightmare if something goes wrong.
In grey market to I never saw sony componants in AV

I have heard plenty good about the Yamaha 863 and Denon 2310... planning to get an audition soon for them. I am also intrigued by the Sony 2400ES ... supposed to be very good for movies and music and upscales to 1080p! unfortunately can't audition in India :(

I can get the Yamaha 863 for approx INR 48K, the Denon 2310 for approx INR 46K and the Sony 2400 for about INR 41K... Budget is not a big concern. I am hoping to sell off my existing Onkyo 705 for between 25K and 30K and so I am well covered there.

I want an AVR that does movies and music well and which I can bi-amp. My 705 was good for movies and so so for music... till I bi-amped it. That changed its personality and made me a bi-amp convert!

While the audition should help me with deciding between Yamaha and Denon... the Sony seems like a very good VFM deal... but I have no way of knowing first hand... so I though I would take your help...

Any suggestions? Are the yamaha and denon better than the sony that I shouldn't spend much though over it?

I am curious to know where did you get the price of 43K for Denon 2310. Thanks.

well the sony ES series are good, but thier other recievers are crap.

BTW sony india no longer sells a/v recievers,so i guess it is a grey market piece.

I have Ym 863. It is a good AVR. But for 2 channels, go for integated or pre+power amp. Never auditioned Denon 2310, but 1910 was not sonically better than 863. Dont know video capabilities.

Can one bi-amp if speaker has only one pair of terminals ?

Hey why reviving such a old thread?
And this was posters last post gautamz is vanished after that

New sound

Hi....has anyone heard of this particular stereo amp - DNM A 8080. Its a chinese make and i was given this by a friend. Things dont seem to be quite right with it. BTW, I have Jamo S 406 floor standers. Any recommendations on the config i should use? Budget about 20K.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back