Denon 2400 or 3400 for AVR? And matched with Elac Debut F6 or Q Acoustics 3050 series (speakers)? Looking for expert advice!

Rajesh Mani

Hello audiophiles!

I'm looking to set up a home theatre system, and want your expert opinion to help me decide a few things. Here are what I'm considering (I have asked for quite a few details so thank you in advance for your patience!):

1. AVR: Denon 2400 or Denon 3400 - Does the 3400 score significantly better than the 2400? If yes, then how?

2. Speakers: The toss up for me was between the Q Acoustics 3050i series (3050 I, 3010 I, 3090 I, and 3060 I - 5.1 config) and the Elac Debut F6 series (Front F6, Center C5, Surround B4, sub S10 eq). Opinion seems to be divided between the two, and while I have heard the Q Acoustics, I am yet to hear the Elac (but I've read too many good things about it to pass it). Which of these would score better in terms of total audio output and performance?
Which Denon AVR model would suit these speakers? The 2400 or the 3400?

3. I know there aren't too many Bose lovers, but I've also had some swear by the Bose Lifestyle 650 series. For the gigantic leap in price, what exactly do they offer that should wow us?

4. I also am interested in expert opinion on the Jamo and the Bowers and Wilkins brands. Can anyone advise what would be the comparable models for these brands against the Elac F6 or Q Acoustics 3050 series? And how do they compare in terms of price and performance?
Which Denon model would be best suited for the Jamo and BnW brands? 2400 or 3400?

Thank you guys!
Rajesh

I'm looking to set up a home theatre system

What are your room dimensions?.. Is it a dedicated room (or) living room?..

1. AVR: Denon 2400 or Denon 3400 - Does the 3400 score significantly better than the 2400? If yes, then how?

Denon x 3400 is better, for its Audyssey XT32 capabilities, the Platinum version of Audyssey..

Denon x 2400 has Audyssey Multi EQ XT, a lower version than that of XT32..

2. Speakers:

There are too many brands that you have mentioned.. But if, your listening room is a dedicated one, you should have the flexibility in positioning the subs (ideal locations).. if you will have a sub, then there isn't a need for floorstanders..

No idea on the pricing of products in singapore.. Whichever brand you like / choose, settle for the smallest speakers, preferably wall mounted and route the bass to subwoofer so that you can position them according to your room..

3. I know there aren't too many Bose lovers, but I've also had some swear by the Bose Lifestyle 650 series. For the gigantic leap in price, what exactly do they offer that should wow us?

No idea on the Bose lifestyle systems, never peeked into them..

Do you have a projector (or) TV?..

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your inputs Elangoas. My room is a living room, not a dedicated room. And I have an LED not a projector. I will keep your inputs in mind while making a choice!

Appreciate your taking time to reply to my queries...

Once again reaching out before making the final decision. We have narrowed down to the Denon 3400 AVR, since it gives better output compared to the 2400.

We managed to hear the KEF Q series (950, 650, cube 12 and T101) speakers when we were hunting around, and they did sound pretty impressive. I am wondering how they stack up against the Elac Uni-fi (FS U5, CC U5, S10EQ, and the B4 - which is what we had finally decided to go for, after stretching the budget a bit). The Kef is certainly a little pricier, but it sounded amazing...

I'm wondering if the KEF would be the better one to go for as compared to the Elac Unifi?

Thanks in advance for your insights, once again!

R series of KEF is much better, suggest you listen to those else between the KEF Q & Elac Unifi, my pick would go for the Unifi.
Good decision on the X3400, will most certainly entertain you for a longer period,
Best Wishes

R series of KEF is much better, suggest you listen to those else between the KEF Q & Elac Unifi, my pick would go for the Unifi.
Good decision on the X3400, will most certainly entertain you for a longer period,
Best Wishes
Thank you so much for the inputs!

Adding more to the question:

I had the chance of hearing the Dali Opticon 6 series (with Opticon Vokal centre, Fazon LCR satellite surround, and E9F sub), and now the toss up for me is between the Opticon 6 and the KEF Q950 series (950front, 650centre, cube 12 sub and T101 surround).

I did notice that the KEF r series were more in line with the Dali Opticon 6 (comparability) while the KEF Q950 was a notch lower. However, the reason why we considered KEF Q950/Dali Opticon 6 duo, was that we are getting a good deal on the Dali, making them price-wise more in line with the Q950. The KEF r series turns out a good 50% more than what I'm getting the Dali for. That's why my choice is between the Q950 series and the Opticon 6

The KEF Q950 is definitely good, with a punchy bass that is its USP, but the Dali, while retaining the punchiness, seemed to have more crispness and detail (especially in the vocals), making it sound richer overall. The KEF hearing, however, was in a bigger room than the Dali, and I'm not sure if that is what made the difference (i.e, making Dali sound more detailed).

I'm wondering if this is a good analysis based on just hearing both these speakers.

In that light, here is how it has boiled down to -

KEF Q950+Denon X2400 vs Dali Opticon 6+Yamaha RXV585. It seems the Yamaha is sonically most compatible with the Dalis, which is why if I go for the Dalis I will need to match it with the Yamaha instead.

Another thing to consider is that I'm going to be using my home theater primarily for viewing videos/movies (Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, YouTube, etc). That would constitute around 70% to 80% of our viewing usage. The balance would be on music.

The viewing area of the entire living space is about 3.2 metres x 5 metres, However, the entire living area is of an L shape, max length 8.8 m, max width 8 metres.

I am sending all these details so I can know the group's opinions on which one of the two above bundles would be the best choice for me.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and all your inputs! Looking forward to hearing from you...

Rajesh

If the price difference isn't hurting too much.. The Denon 3400 will be better than 2400

. AVR: Denon 2400 or Denon 3400 - Does the 3400 score significantly better than the 2400? If yes, then how?
If your LCR are 4ohms then go for x3400 as they are good in driving those, am using it with my jamo lcr & so far they r doing well. Plus audyssey multieq32 is far superior thn the multieq version on the 2400.

Be careful with Denon products, i have x2100 which has gone kaput..very bad built quality and terribly expensive parts

Adding more to the question:

I had the chance of hearing the Dali Opticon 6 series (with Opticon Vokal centre, Fazon LCR satellite surround, and E9F sub), and now the toss up for me is between the Opticon 6 and the KEF Q950 series (950front, 650centre, cube 12 sub and T101 surround).

I did notice that the KEF r series were more in line with the Dali Opticon 6 (comparability) while the KEF Q950 was a notch lower. However, the reason why we considered KEF Q950/Dali Opticon 6 duo, was that we are getting a good deal on the Dali, making them price-wise more in line with the Q950. The KEF r series turns out a good 50% more than what I'm getting the Dali for. That's why my choice is between the Q950 series and the Opticon 6

The KEF Q950 is definitely good, with a punchy bass that is its USP, but the Dali, while retaining the punchiness, seemed to have more crispness and detail (especially in the vocals), making it sound richer overall. The KEF hearing, however, was in a bigger room than the Dali, and I'm not sure if that is what made the difference (i.e, making Dali sound more detailed).

I'm wondering if this is a good analysis based on just hearing both these speakers.

In that light, here is how it has boiled down to -

KEF Q950+Denon X2400 vs Dali Opticon 6+Yamaha RXV585. It seems the Yamaha is sonically most compatible with the Dalis, which is why if I go for the Dalis I will need to match it with the Yamaha instead.

Another thing to consider is that I'm going to be using my home theater primarily for viewing videos/movies (Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, YouTube, etc). That would constitute around 70% to 80% of our viewing usage. The balance would be on music.

The viewing area of the entire living space is about 3.2 metres x 5 metres, However, the entire living area is of an L shape, max length 8.8 m, max width 8 metres.

I am sending all these details so I can know the group's opinions on which one of the two above bundles would be the best choice for me.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and all your inputs! Looking forward to hearing from you...

Rajesh

I suggest to choose Higher series of Denon or Yamaha or Marantz for the speakersd u mentioned .Being a Dali Zensor user ,Opticon will be very good i believe ,but remeber its a 4 ohms speaker. Hence consider Denon x4400 or Marantz Sr 6012 or equivalent brands of other model .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back