Denon 4700 and Svs prime satellite - 1 speaker out of phase

debojyoty

I wired the Svs prime satellite speakers to my Denon 4700 avr. When setting it up using the audessey mike, the receiver says that 1 of the 4 satellite speakers is out of phase. I checked the wiring and the wire is connected to the correct terminals at both ends. Still every time I do a setup, it gives the same error message. I just ignore it and complete my setup.

Any idea what is the issue ?

I did not try reversing the cables as I know that it is correctly connected.

Since the avr is detecting it out of phase, do I reverse the wire even though I know the wiring is correct?

I wired the Svs prime satellite speakers to my Denon 4700 avr. When setting it up using the audessey mike, the receiver says that 1 of the 4 satellite speakers is out of phase. I checked the wiring and the wire is connected to the correct terminals at both ends. Still every time I do a setup, it gives the same error message. I just ignore it and complete my setup.

Since the avr is detecting it out of phase, do I reverse the wire even though I know the wiring is correct?

The audyssey software does that quiet often, i normally ignore the error post checking the wiring of the same.

It used to happen with Yamaha AVR too and not only Marantz now. l am now convinced ,my one surround has wrong internal wiring :).

You can connect just 2 speakers including the one the AVR is claiming is out of phase as a stereo pair and have a listen to a vocal track. If the imaging ( for example vocals being dead center of the stereo pair ) sounds precise and not ‘smeared’ you’re ok. If the vocals tend to ‘wander’ or you can’t locate the source between the two speakers and it appears smeared, one speaker is out of phase

The answer from Audyssey.
As most have already said, you can safely ignore the issue, provided your speakers are wired right, which you have confirmed.
There are various reasons for this to occur, one of which is due to how the speaker interacts with the room, which results in this error.

I too am using SVS Prime Satellites for my front and rear heights.

During the calibration, I get this warning but I ignore it and continue the Audyssey setup. This has not affected the way the heights are presented👍

You can ignore the mssg as long as it sounds fine. I get this mssg from Audyssey for the front right speaker despite proper connections.
It could be a bug in Audyssey itself

I too got it for one of the surround speakers. So i assume it's a bug.
Is there a way to confirm if internal speaker wiring (inside speakers) is ok? From outside I have ensured correct colour connection.

I too got it for one of the surround speakers. So i assume it's a bug.
Is there a way to confirm if internal speaker wiring (inside speakers) is ok? From outside I have ensured correct colour connection.
Yes.. If the front grill is detachable, you can check easily.
Just wire the speaker on the mains and play a little bass heavy song.
If internal wiring is correct, the bass notes should cause speaker cone to move out (and not in)

In normal Usage, the cone will move in both directions but a positive voltage (e.g. a bass drum hit) will make the cone move outwards.
It’s usually very easy to spot visually

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back