Denon AVR-1611

souvikjup

I am planning to buy Denon AVR-1611 & want feedback from you guys.
My questions are below:

1) Is both the version 7.1 and 5.1 are available in India(Kolkata) ?
2) What are the cost for respective model ?
3) If I buy a 5.1 version, can it later be modified to 7.1 as said in the below link

Denon AVR-1611 AV Receiver - Tech2

4) And what about the quality of this product.

5) Is any other good 7.1/7.2 alternative of this product present in India in that price range?

1611 is obsolete, suggest to go with the current model. Any reason why you have picked this model?

Hi souvikjup

The AVR 1611 is indeed an old model but was one of the best models Denon had ever manufactured. Depending on your budget, you should audition the other brands....the question is what you really want in an AVR? 7.1 or 5.1? AirPlay? Wifi? Bluetooth? Depending on your need you need to audition brands and models that meet your requirements, performance and ofcourse budget....most of the movie or concert content is 5.1.....very few are 7.1....you may want to decide on this...

Hi souvikjup

The AVR 1611 is indeed an old model but was one of the best models Denon had ever manufactured. Depending on your budget, you should audition the other brands....the question is what you really want in an AVR? 7.1 or 5.1? AirPlay? Wifi? Bluetooth? Depending on your need you need to audition brands and models that meet your requirements, performance and ofcourse budget....most of the movie or concert content is 5.1.....very few are 7.1....you may want to decide on this...

Better in performance? I believe it is no different than any other budget entry level AVRs.
But 1611 is indeed an obsolete model with no USB, bluetooth, wifi, LAN, Airplay connectivity. In the latest models, you can even use your Android or Ios device as a remote.

Tapatalked from my Droid Incredible!

But 1611 is indeed an obsolete model with no USB, bluetooth, wifi, LAN, Airplay connectivity. In the latest models, you can even use your Android or Ios device as a remote.

Tapatalked from my Droid Incredible!

Is this what you are looking for in an AVR? Mine has none of these and I am pretty happy with it. In fact NO HDMI and I am still happy.

So it is better to decide what you want. Tons of power or all the above? Prioritize your requirement and then decide on the model and brand you want.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back