Denon AVR 1700H or Denon AVR 760H

Parag Karani

I am planning to buy an Denon AVR from USA, but I am confused between 1700H & 760H, mostly the specs are identical with the difference of 5watt output per channel, the former has 80watt output per channel, whereas the later has 75watt output per channel, my media room is about 250 sqft

I am planning to buy an Denon AVR from USA, but I am confused between 1700H & 760H, mostly the specs are identical with the difference of 5watt output per channel, the former has 80watt output per channel, whereas the later has 75watt output per channel, my media room is about 250 sqft
1700h is the robust Amp. 760H is a slightly compromised product. Most lightweight AVRs like 760H are not recommended as resale value will be near 10% only. 1700 can be sold in olx for Indian price. Also check if 760h has only American power input range. You will have to deal with electrical issues as well with these lightweights. 1700h will have 220v also.

Interesting question though. As i always felt the X series in Denon has a general greater demand and so if sold within warranty(evenif international warranties are not fully accepted by pro fx or other authorised service centers, the within warranty period adds green points psychologically), it would fetch the price of a new discounted product(80% of indian market price atleast). S series are just not going to attract enquiries if posted in hfv or olx or other sites online. Am i right folks?

X series is always advisable than the S series. 1700H is X, whereas 760H is S. I remember reading it of recently. Though the difference in price and components is not huge.

1700h is the robust Amp. 760H is a slightly compromised product. Most lightweight AVRs like 760H are not recommended as resale value will be near 10% only. 1700 can be sold in olx for Indian price. Also check if 760h has only American power input range. You will have to deal with electrical issues as well with these lightweights. 1700h will have 220v also.
Thanks Donivlapog,
I am a beginner to all AVR, Regarding budget I will have to invest in quality speakers set after buying AVR, the price difference between 1700H & 760H is almost 200$, I am not considering Regarding resale value, cause I will definitely use this for the next 5 years,
Regarding electrical issues, even if 760H has 110v power, can that be used in india by passing the electrical current through step down convertor, I am not an electrical expert though.
There is good deal on 760H on Costco currently, that made me consider 760H as an option, cause I have to carry the AVR by hand to India, just in case if the luggage is inspected on arrival to India, and if I am compelled to pay duty on the AVR, then 760H will attract less duty,
Also, the difference between 1700H & 760H is that 1700H is superior and has 8K heos, and 760H lacks heos, power output difference should not be a problem cause, I am going to install the system In a 250sqft media room, and the system will be confined to only media room.
I look forward for your opinion, cause it will definitely help me to make a right decision.
Thanks,
Regards

Thanks Donivlapog,
I am a beginner to all AVR, Regarding budget I will have to invest in quality speakers set after buying AVR, the price difference between 1700H & 760H is almost 200$, I am not considering Regarding resale value, cause I will definitely use this for the next 5 years,
Regarding electrical issues, even if 760H has 110v power, can that be used in india by passing the electrical current through step down convertor, I am not an electrical expert though.
There is good deal on 760H on Costco currently, that made me consider 760H as an option, cause I have to carry the AVR by hand to India, just in case if the luggage is inspected on arrival to India, and if I am compelled to pay duty on the AVR, then 760H will attract less duty,
Also, the difference between 1700H & 760H is that 1700H is superior and has 8K heos, and 760H lacks heos, power output difference should not be a problem cause, I am going to install the system In a 250sqft media room, and the system will be confined to only media room.
I look forward for your opinion, cause it will definitely help me to make a right decision.
Thanks,
Regards
If you’re buying from the US check out the Onkyo 6100 - it’s on sale right now for $699, is 100W per channel, with all the WiFi bells and whistles you’d want. It’s also THX certified

X1700H has much better room correction (Audyssey MultEQ XT) than later. In a Home Theather, room correction is the most fragile part that can make or break the whole experience. So, on any given day, go for an AVR (for Denon) with a better Room Correction (Audyssey MultEQ < Audyssey MultEQ XT < Audyssey MultEQ XT 32).

Thanks Donivlapog,
Thanks,
Regards
Step down converter is an option to be considered if no other go. 760h might also be dual voltage device. If not then $200 more is justified.

Thanks guys,
I finally completed my dolby atmos theater system, in my media room size of 250sqft,
I was on budget, and hence got my setup as :-
1. AVR DENON S760H
2 . YAMAHA 8390 TOWER SPEAKERS
3. YAMAHA NSP51 surround & center
4. YAMAHA SUBWOOFER 10 INCH
5. CEILING ATMOS SPEAKERS
I AM HAPPY AFTER ALL SETUP, it serves well as an entry level Dolby atmos home theater setup.
I got the AVR from USA, so no warranty covered by Denon in India for the AVR working on 120v, so I managed it by controlling the voltage through step down stabilizer, specially made for USA & Canada products to be used in India.
I am more than satisfied by the outcome of the setup.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.
Regards.

Thanks guys,
I finally completed my dolby atmos theater system, in my media room size of 250sqft,
1. AVR DENON S760H
I AM HAPPY AFTER ALL SETUP, it serves well as an entry level Dolby atmos home theater setup.
I got the AVR from USA, so no warranty covered by Denon in India for the AVR working on 120v, so I managed it by controlling the voltage through step down stabilizer, specially made for USA & Canada products to be used in India.

Regards.
Congratulations on your setup! Looks nice !

Thanks guys,
1. AVR DENON S760H

Regards.
Hi Parag

Have you paid any customs duty at the airport?If no, how did you manage.
Iam planning to bring one from USA.

Thanks in advance

X1700h or yamaha rx a2a,??

Thanks guys,
1. AVR DENON S760H

Regards.
Can you please share the details of the stepdown stablizer. I recently got the exact same AVR from the US and want to get it it up and running at the earliest.

Regards
Varun

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back