Denon AVR 1906

clarion

Hello, I had bought Denon AVR1906 in 2005 and it has worked very well. I had mated it with Bose AM10 speakers.

Recently there was a power issue in my house and it got damaged. I am told that its transformer needs to be changed and it will cost about Rs. 4000.

My options are to get it repaired or buy a new one. Please advise.
If you think I should buy a new one, please suggest the model. Thanks in advance.

Hello, I had bought Denon AVR1906 in 2005 and it has worked very well. I had mated it with Bose AM10 speakers.

Recently there was a power issue in my house and it got damaged. I am told that its transformer needs to be changed and it will cost about Rs. 4000.

My options are to get it repaired or buy a new one. Please advise.
If you think I should buy a new one, please suggest the model. Thanks in advance.

If it is 100% a transformer issue and it can be fixed within 4k then good. Hope the repairer is skilled enough and providing you some guarantees.

If your AVR has worked well and you are really satisfied with its performance and features then repair it.

Nowadays the AVRs you get are not like the old days, only high end models are built well but too expensive.

Should you want to buy a new AVR, you will need to ensure that it has an output of 100 watts per channel at 8 ohms. Brands and models differ with features and pricing...you need to audition to decide.

Given the price of new AVRs has shot up, most prefer buying a used / pre owned one where possibly you can get a nice flagship model for a reasonable price. Audition before buying.

All the best!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back