Denon AVR 1911 No TV sound playback

Scotty

Hi I am new hear and have struggled with the hookup of my Denon AVR 1911. I have it hooked up to a new Panasonic 40" Plasma HD 3D with 1.4 HDMI cable. After trying to work through the settings on both units I still have no audio coming from the TV through the receiver. Can anyone help a lost guy out of this mess? Thanks a bunch.

Note : the Panasonic is a model TC-P42ST30 with VIERA

You will get audio only if both AVR and TV support ARC. If your AVR has no ARC then use optical out of TV.

Hi I am new hear and have struggled with the hookup of my Denon AVR 1911. I have it hooked up to a new Panasonic 40" Plasma HD 3D with 1.4 HDMI cable. After trying to work through the settings on both units I still have no audio coming from the TV through the receiver. Can anyone help a lost guy out of this mess? Thanks a bunch.

Note : the Panasonic is a model TC-P42ST30 with VIERA
@scotty, You should connect all sources like STB, BDP, DVDP, media player, etc. to AVR. Preferably use HDMI whereever available. You should connect HDMI out of AVR to TV at the HDMI-ARC port.

Then in the AVR setup, you should select the proper audio preference for each input - HDMI or Composite as the case may be.

Oops Just now i have posted a music comment here by mistaken, Sorry guys I have already edited.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back