Denon AVR-2803 receiver - no sound o/p

raj.nalekar

Hi

I have a Denon AVR-2803 7.1 AV recvr. which has recently developed a problem. No sound is output from any of my speakers. I have Bose Acoustimass 6 series spkrs. (5 + sub) and 2 bookshelf.
When I run the Channel delay test (checks all 7 channels sequentially) of the recvr. I don't get any sound from any of the 7 channels. I initialized the microprocessor of my recvr. multiple times but to no avail. There seems to be no problem with the DVD inputs as it does not produce sound in the channel test nor for FM tuner.
I called Pro-FX the authorized distributors for Denon in India, but they said they would not repair as I purchased it in US. Any advise on where I can get it repaired in Mumbai?
Any leads would be appreciated

- Raj

Did you try to connect the pre-out from the receiver on to some other amplifier? to check if narrow down the problem to the power section?

I am assuming that you have already tested it in 2 channel Direct mode.

Comman Issues
1) Speaker A - Speaker B settings
2) There is some settings where Amp returns to factory setup - give it a try!

Did you try to connect the pre-out from the receiver on to some other amplifier? to check if narrow down the problem to the power section?

I am assuming that you have already tested it in 2 channel Direct mode.
No as I don't have a 2nd amp. But I did try on 2 Ch direct

Comman Issues
1) Speaker A - Speaker B settings
2) There is some settings where Amp returns to factory setup - give it a try!
Checked both of the above. When microproc. is initialized it goes to factory default. Did it multiple times, didn't help. Does anyone know of vendors who repair/service AV recvrs in Mumbai?

Would Pro FX not repair it even if u are paying for the labour/parts? Can understand them not doing it free. Am not recommending him but lakozy(hari or manoj) will be able to rectify the problem.

Would Pro FX not repair it even if u are paying for the labour/parts? Can understand them not doing it free. Am not recommending him but lakozy(hari or manoj) will be able to rectify the problem.
No, Pro FX are not ready even if I pay them. Can I get contact numbers for Lakozy folks?

No, Pro FX are not ready even if I pay them. Can I get contact numbers for Lakozy folks?

If you are closer to Lalbaug area, contact Mahendrabhai on 9892233114 who does a good job with all high end electronics (can vouch for it). If you wish, you may refer my name AM from JJ.

If you are closer to Lalbaug area, contact Mahendrabhai on 9892233114 who does a good job with all high end electronics (can vouch for it). If you wish, you may refer my name AM from JJ.
Thanks. I called him & says he can repair, suspects DSP board fault. Shall try out.

Sad that a distributor of a product will not repair the brand he carries even though the customer is willing to pay for labour/parts and not claiming warranty benefits as it was purchased outside the country.
Anyway Raj contact Nos of lakozy are 23697001/7002 and speak to the service dept.

Sad that a distributor of a product will not repair the brand he carries even though the customer is willing to pay for labour/parts and not claiming warranty benefits as it was purchased outside the country.
Anyway Raj contact Nos of lakozy are 23697001/7002 and speak to the service dept.
Thanks dude. Guess I need to make a trip to south bombay. Shall check out with them. But thanks to everyone for your help

Dinyaar:

It is not only ProFx/Deno. Onkyo India refused to even look at my 875 since I purchased it from Dubai. Company policy, I believe !!!

I had to lug it all the way to Dubai to fix a loose connection.

At least in Chennai, there is company that is trained to service Yamaha equipment. I wish we can pinpoint a set of guys across Indian for Denon, Onkyo, and Yamaha who would help us all.

Mr. Raj,

I hav denon 1508 + boston speakers which i purchased in dubai and when i brought it here after 2-3 days, I hear cracking noise and sometimes heavy balsting from all of my spk especially with Dolby D, I contacted PROFX chennai they gave the same reply, cannot do servicing because it was no purchased frm them....Really these ppl are very sickening.....God damn these ppl.

Mr. Raj,

I hav denon 1508 + boston speakers which i purchased in dubai and when i brought it here after 2-3 days, I hear cracking noise and sometimes heavy balsting from all of my spk especially with Dolby D, I contacted PROFX chennai they gave the same reply, cannot do servicing because it was no purchased frm them....Really these ppl are very sickening.....God damn these ppl.
sailing in the same boat

Dinyaar:

It is not only ProFx/Deno. Onkyo India refused to even look at my 875 since I purchased it from Dubai. Company policy, I believe !!!

I had to lug it all the way to Dubai to fix a loose connection.

At least in Chennai, there is company that is trained to service Yamaha equipment. I wish we can pinpoint a set of guys across Indian for Denon, Onkyo, and Yamaha who would help us all.

Hi Venkat,
If i knew a good electronics repairman in bombay i would happily suggest. Sad to think u had to lug a heavy AVR all the way to dubai.
From a company point of view do they really care where one buys the product as long as its purchased through the appointed distributors. Another thing that disgusts is the warranty of some companies is 5 yrs parts/labour but the same co. offers an indian buyer just 2 yrs!!!!!!!! Lastly even a B&W warranty is ONLY for the original owner. I would feel 5 yrs is 5 yrs does it really matter whether the product has changed hands!!

Actually the warranty on the bryston was an important factor(probably the one that swung the balance towards it) for me as its a 20 yr parts/labour/one way shipping ON THE PRODUCT. It could change hands every six months and is still covered. Ironically my new Bryston 3BSST is malfunctioning in just 3 months and am in touch with them for a replacement!!
Will post once the issue is resolved.
Regards

Audio and video still being a niche segment, they take us for a ride. In contrast Canon India not only repaired my camera bought in the US, they even replaced it for free with a brand new piece of the latest model, as they suspected a manufacturing defect.
...and that was three years after the purchase!

I think there is a lot of difference between dealing with importers, compared to dealing with the company directly. I am hoping that more audio companies would enter the Indian market by themselves as the market expands.

Audio and video still being a niche segment, they take us for a ride. In contrast Canon India not only repaired my camera bought in the US, they even replaced it for free with a brand new piece of the latest model, as they suspected a manufacturing defect.
...and that was three years after the purchase!

Wow Sharad. Creditable for Canon India to do that. I guess its a long way for AV dealers/distributors to do similar keeping in mind that they are not even willing to carry out paid repairs for gear not bought from them!!!

Hi All,

Just want to share a similar experience here in Bangalore..

I had very very bad experience with Pro-FX Bangalore.
I have a used Denon Cassette deck and it is having some playback problems now.
Pro-FX bangalore told me that they will not service because it is "OUTSIDE" purchase. I was ready to pay service/parts charges. What the heck!!!. After all it is a Denon product. I thought the authorized service center of these hi-fi brands will respect the customers. But that was not the case. Should we take this to where it was purchased.? Not practical...

If anyone from Bangalore know a good reliable technician who can do this work Pls let me know.

Thanks,
Sunil

I guess its a long way for AV dealers/distributors to do similar keeping in mind that they are not even willing to carry out paid repairs for gear not bought from them!!!

I simply dont understand why these dealers/distributors refuse to carry out paid repair works for gear not bought from them. I mean ofcourse they would be earning something out of that. My bet is they would be earning enough.
Still dont understand their thinking

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back