Denon AVR 6700H vs Marantz SR7015

rajivaryan1984

Hi friends,

I was thinking to upgrade from Marantz SR7013 to SR7015 or Denon AVR 6700H..Can you all please advise --

1. If it's worth upgrading from 7013 now ?
2. For music and movies both if we should go for 7015 or 6700H

Kindly guide..

Hi friends,

I was thinking to upgrade from Marantz SR7013 to SR7015 or Denon AVR 6700H..Can you all please advise --

Kindly guide..

IMO you ain’t gaining much. Better spend that money on a better PA. 7013 to 7015 isn’t even an upgrade if guy ask me. What is it are you looking for?

Hi friends,

Kindly guide..
Hi Raj,

Whats the reason u r upgrading for?
Marantz 7013 is good AVR & have all required feature with better power , if u looking for more dynamic power to drive speakers invest on good Power amp & feel the best out it. there is no upgrading feature u can find in 7015 other than 8K & small technical which we are not using now.
Why u r wasting money for nothg good .

Regards
Naveen

Thanks Naveen and @Love4sound...even I had the same feeling and thats why raised this question here. Maybe it will be a huge mistake if upgrading from 7013 to 7015. But thanks a lot for for guiding me. Although PA part is well covered and am currently using Audio control Pantages G4 - https://www.audiocontrol.com/home-audio/power-amplifiers/pantages-g4/ Sources are CXN V2 and CD6007,Speakers - FS Focal Aria 926

But somehow that musical punch is something missing...not sure what is actually missing in the setup.

Thanks Naveen and @Love4sound...even I had the same feeling and thats why raised this question here. Maybe it will be a huge mistake if upgrading from 7013 to 7015. But thanks a lot for for guiding me. Although PA part is well covered and am currently using Audio control Pantages G4 - https://www.audiocontrol.com/home-audio/power-amplifiers/pantages-g4/ Sources are CXN V2 and CD6007,Speakers - FS Focal Aria 926

But somehow that musical punch is something missing...not sure what is actually missing in the setup.
oh man u have great speaker & high rated PA which can drive ur speaker very powerful i think u shd work more on calibration .

It's high time Indian customers should stop hopping from one AVR to other and look altogether beyond AVRs.

Yes AVRs are best choice for everything other than performance. People are spending lakhs on speakers and HT room interiors but still sticking to AVRs. For movie thetre like punchy sound one has to opt for Multi channel or mono block power amps.

I think since there are very few demo rooms with power amps (for HT setup) and the dealers push for the popular AVRs, this concept has not picked up in India.

Sorry for my blunt words but I just thought of sharing my experience.

Hi friends,

Kindly guide..
Hi Raj if you are music lover too please try for arcam or anthem avr, even entry models are also good for your needs

Hi friends,

Kindly guide..
Hi Rajiv, Get a high current power amp. I recently added a 7 channel lexicon. Kept front height on denon itself and connected surrounds, center, left and right and two channel stereo to the power amp. The high current delivers immaculate control across the frequency range. Just adds scale that didn't exist before.

Amit

Hi Rajiv, Get a high current power amp. I recently added a 7 channel lexicon. Kept front height on denon itself and connected surrounds, center, left and right and two channel stereo to the power amp. The high current delivers immaculate control across the frequency range. Just adds scale that didn't exist before.

Amit
Before you get a power amp, I would suggest adding a separate mcb and having a separate line for your electronics(av receiver, streamer and your transport)...a dedicated clean source of current into your electronics. Change old wiring. Add high ampere power sockets. Have a high ampere power socket for each of your electronics without any sharing.

My sound completely transformed. Its amazing what new good quality wiring, clean power source, power cables, high quality rca connectors, interconnects and speaker cables do to your system. Its truly transformational if someone has not tried this before.

Before you get a power amp, I would suggest adding a separate mcb and having a separate line for your electronics(av receiver, streamer and your transport)...a dedicated clean source of current into your electronics. Change old wiring. Add high ampere power sockets. Have a high ampere power socket for each of your electronics without any sharing.

My sound completely transformed. Its amazing what new good quality wiring, clean power source, power cables, high quality rca connectors, interconnects and speaker cables do to your system. Its truly transformational if someone has not tried this before.
Thanks Amit Ji..I have already connected all my sources to an Online UPS via Spike buster but yes thats another messed up thing behind the furniture as it looks really odd with so many cables, but do I have any other options to keep the look of the wiring clean. Please share your thoughts.

To protect the UPS you may use a spike buster. But it's not required to put the SB after output from the UPS

Hi Rajiv,
One other option is to get a stereo integrated amp with HT bypass, if you want to integrate your music and movie.
For music, stereo integrated amp will subjectively sound better than avr.
But those with HT bypass are rather expensive

Regards
Siju

Thanks Amit Ji..I have already connected all my sources to an Online UPS via Spike buster but yes thats another messed up thing behind the furniture as it looks really odd with so many cables, but do I have any other options to keep the look of the wiring clean. Please share your thoughts.
Wooden panelling on the wall which can be opened to tuck the cables in with enough high quality wiring and power sockets should clean up the look. My whole house is hardwired with Ethernet and speaker cables... All tucked in. Nothing shows. Aesthetics equally important as fidelity. I literally have a truck full of cables, dongles, adapters running from the tv, av receiver, two channel amplifier, 7 channel power amplifier, steamer.. Connecting to 11 speakers and two subs. Nothing shows. I even panelled my kitchen chimney do that the ugly aluminium pipes dont show.

Hi Rajiv,
One other option is to get a stereo integrated amp with HT bypass, if you want to integrate your music and movie.
For music, stereo integrated amp will subjectively sound better than avr.
But those with HT bypass are rather expensive

Regards
Siju
Yes Siju, one of the friends from the forum - Sukant has suggested the same and I am planning to purchase Parasound P6 which comes with the HT BYPass.
Wooden panelling on the wall which can be opened to tuck the cables in with enough high quality wiring and power sockets should clean up the look. My whole house is hardwired with Ethernet and speaker cables... All tucked in. Nothing shows. Aesthetics equally important as fidelity. I literally have a truck full of cables, dongles, adapters running from the tv, av receiver, two channel amplifier, 7 channel power amplifier, steamer.. Connecting to 11 speakers and two subs. Nothing shows. I even panelled my kitchen chimney do that the ugly aluminium pipes dont show.
This is awesome Amit Ji..could you please share some pics on my whatsapp number - 9731209630. It will be really a huge help..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back