Denon AVR and laptop connect issues

sdeva

I am having issues connecting my laptop hdmi output to denon 1911 avr. There is no video/audio at all on the tv. I have HP media center laptop which has a Nvidia graphics card (geforce 9200M GS). This is terrible for me because I was always hoping to play video from my laptop along with better sound from denon avr.

I also took my laptop to profx to see if it works with any denon at all. I could check with another 1911 and some other high-end avr (probably 4300) but the the result is same. One of the sales manager there had another laptop and that seem to connect fine. They suggested to upgrade display driver for my video card and they said they will check with denon and nvidia to see if it is a known issue. Apparently, nvidia folks use denon receivers for some testing it seems.

I came back and updated my driver and still unable to see even a flicker on the screen when I am feeding input from the laptop.

BTW, I almost forgot If I connect the laptop directly to the TV via HDMI It comes out crystal clear in full hd (1080p) so I am assuming it has something to do with denon avr.

Any help is hugely appreciated.

thanks,
-Srinivas.

hi ... if u are connecting laptop through hdmi.. chk for the display settings in nvdia .. in control panel and what os are using on it so we can help accordingly..

Thanks for extending the help. I am using windows 7 64bit. I checked all possible settings in nvidia control panel. I tried with various resolutions and refresh freq, but still nothing happened. Is there anything you want me to specifically check?

Hi sdeva,

Is this working now for you? I am also trying to connect my laptop to denon AVR but doesn't seem to be working..

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks

-Anand

Can you tell us what is the exact problem in detail ? . I have connected a laptop and desktop with nvidia cards to many AVRs I auditioned and never had any issue.

Try connecting to the front HDMI port. Make sure your nvidia shows/detects denon 1911.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back