denon avr with ps3 ?

maniac_2004

Hi guys,
auditioned a denon AVR 1508 setup and liked it very much . Had a few questions about hooking it to a PS3. Basically want to get the HD setup correctly.

- Dolby True HD and DTS MA are supposed to be sent over HDMI . So will denon 2308 be suffice for this or will I have to go for a denon AVR 2808 ?
- Denon 1708 and 1908 do not support hidef audio over HDMI AFAIK.
- If the denon av receiver outputs a 1080p image and the display does not support 1080p then will the image will still be displayed ?

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply.

- Dolby True HD and DTS MA are supposed to be sent over HDMI . So will denon 2308 be suffice for this or will I have to go for a denon AVR 2808 ?

Denon 2308 does NOT support TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus. If you want either of these you have to go in for the 2808.

Though both have HDMI 1.3, only the 1908 support multichannel audio. The 1708 does NOT support either multichannel audio nor upscaling over HDMI.

- If the denon av receiver outputs a 1080p image and the display does not support 1080p then will the image will still be displayed ?

This is not a problem. All AVRs are downward compatible. All you have to do is to set the AVR to transmit the image over HDMI that matches the capabilities of your TV/display. This could be 480p, 720p or 1080i

PS3, by native [with firmware > 2.3 or above] will decode True HD / True HD MA and send audio via HDMI as LPCM. Denon 1908 or Denon 2308 would be suffice for experiencing new HD audio formats.

Hi guys,

Denon 1908 will support LPCM (which is HD Audio) over HDMI

thanks for the reply suniil .. one more query .. would i be able to pull the video o/p thru RGB instead of HDMI ?or is HDMI output mandatory ? my video input is thru HDMI and my projector only supports RGB .

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back