Denon AVR-X2500H 7.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver ?

soamz

Has anyone bought Denon AVR-X2500H 7.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver lately ?
What was the best price you got ?

I had a mishap with PROFX Kolkata store.
I sent my almost-brand new Denon 2113 to them to fix the power cable and when i received it back, it was completely broken.
I contacted them and they said, they have no idea about it.
It was shipped in a bus from Kolkata to Bhubaneswar.

Now, they said, you may give us the broken Denon 2113 and take the brand new Denon AVR-X2500H for 64k finally.

I checked on amazon india and it says Denon AVR-X2500H is 70k including GST.
But Profx said, its 79k including GST.

Something is fishy ?

Profx is authorised dealer and their website mentions 79K, so that is authentic. In amazon, seller may not be authorised and product may be without warranty, so it is not reliable.

Has anyone bought Denon AVR-X2500H 7.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver lately ?
What was the best price you got ?

I had a mishap with PROFX Kolkata store.
I sent my almost-brand new Denon 2113 to them to fix the power cable and when i received it back, it was completely broken.
I contacted them and they said, they have no idea about it.
It was shipped in a bus from Kolkata to Bhubaneswar.

Now, they said, you may give us the broken Denon 2113 and take the brand new Denon AVR-X2500H for 64k finally.

I checked on amazon india and it says Denon AVR-X2500H is 70k including GST.
But Profx said, its 79k including GST.

Something is fishy ?

Check the mrp of the same AVR on various websites of different dealers....since there is tough competition out there....may dealers will offer 10 to 20% off on mrp...more older the model....more discount....for example, you can see AVRs priced differently on HifiMart depending on model age etc....

If you are not too bothered about too many Features, you may get a flagship AVR model cheaper than this latest one.......check what all features you want in the AVR and which speakers you will be pairing them.

EXample......I use a Marantz SR6009 and very content with it....not too bothered about Bluetooth or Wifi (I dont use it) and also Atmos is not a concern for me right now..... Decide on what you really will use....I am more into Sound Quality and decoding.....thats it.

Thanks man, yeah I only use it for movies, Blu-Ray and Xbox One X.
And 4K content of my own youtube channel.
Nothing else.

I just have a soft corner for Denon as I have been using it for years now and it feels user friendly to me.

Which other brand model do you suggest which is equivalent to this Denon 2500 model ?

I dont mind the change now, as long as its good.

My speakers setup is Polk RTi A5 | Fxi A4 | CSi A4 | DSW PRO 660 | CHORD Speaker Cables

go ahead with marantz sr5013 with Alexa integration, sounds superb and power both for movies and songs

My speakers setup is Polk RTi A5 | Fxi A4 | CSi A4

Off topic..i too have the same set of speakers. Running them with Pioneer vsx-21TXH. I am upgrading to Denon 3500. Bought it. But, not setting it up for next 3 months as i am planning for a dedicated HT room. Denon 3500 has preouts which was one of my main criteria. Always helpful if i decide to upgrade with dedicated amps later.

Nothing else.

I just have a soft corner for Denon as I have been using it for years now and it feels user friendly to me.

Which other brand model do you suggest which is equivalent to this Denon 2500 model ?

My speakers setup is Polk RTi A5 | Fxi A4 | CSi A4 | DSW PRO 660 | CHORD Speaker Cables

Get SR series from Marantz.....

See if you can get the mid segment one SR6011 or 6012.....it may be cheaper....see who is offering the best rate and gst bill with warranty

It's better to increase the budget and move on to feature pack Marantz SR 6013 which have nine channels of amplification and with eleven channels pre-out. Same can be upgraded to full fledged eleven channels HT set-up with additional two channels power amplifier in near future. It's said that Marantz is equally better with music and movies and have better build quality and parts. Consultant with FM on existing equipment , room dimensions , speakers placement etc.

Nothing else.

If you don't want to increase your budget and looking for an equivalent model to denon 2500 in other brands then you can go for Pioneer lx 302 (7.2 ch) or lx 303 (9.2 ch). Also, Yamaha rxv 685 is equivalent to denon 2500h. Both above models from pioneer and Yamaha have similar power output and features of Denon 2500h and will cost lower than denon

I compared my marantz sr6013 with denon 2500 in a similar environment. Tbh i could not make out the difference between the two both in movies and music. If i really have to then denon was 20.5 and marantz 21 in music. Movies i cudnt make out the difference.
If you are getting a good price on denon. Go for it:)

marantz sr6013 shows more expensive.
And Denon UI, Im used to it for years, so I guess will just go ahead and get the Denon.

Both Marantz and Denon have same kind of interface. Denon is seven channels without pre-out and Marantz is nine channels with eleven channels pre-out. Marantz is more future proof than Denon. You can add separate two channels power amplifier to make it 7.2.4 configuration else can use separate more powerful two channels amplifier for front speakers and can assign front channels internal amplifier to rear channels. Have not audition Denon AVR x2500h but have Denon AVR 2113 in my existing setup . I have auditioned Marantz SR 6012 with KEF Q900 and MA Bronze 6 speakers and Marantz sounds better than Denon AVR 2113 in all respects. Marantz with KEF Q900 have life size sound stage with strong centre image. With MA Bronze 6 , it was more detail, little better low end and good micro dynamics in high frequencies. Consider your budget and move forward. You will be more than happy with either of them...... keep in mind " Audition is the key of successful purchase...."

Difficult for trial and audition for me, as Im based in Bhubaneswar and we dont have any AV stores here :(
So I will just have to go with suggestions.

I will have a look at Marantz model which you said.

Difficult for trial and audition for me, as Im based in Bhubaneswar and we dont have any AV stores here :(
So I will just have to go with suggestions.

I will have a look at Marantz model which you said.

As advised earlier, if the budget is not there...go for the older model where available...SR6012 / 6011........ check what features you will really use and make the purchase.

Can anyone share the difference between Denon AVR-x3400 and Denon AVR-X2500H ?

Im unable to find.
May be someone who has experience testing both can shed some light on the difference.
the price difference is less, so if 3400 is really worth an upgrade, then I will better go for the x3400.

I read somewhere 2500 is 7 channel but 3400 is 11 channel. But website says something else, so kind of confusing.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back