Denon AVR x6200 audyssey issue

argentum246

Hello Friends,
Since i got my avr from US (US custom opened the box but did not pack it in a way it was), the audyssey is not working.I was working fine in US. It now says mic not detected. I tried with diff mic but no luck. Tried resetting the unit to factory .. no luck either. The local denon guy sais the motherboard needs replacement !! worth 40k +. So now need help here. I tried all possible speaker combinations and even without them but it just says the same error. I cleaned up the mic points as well. Funny thing is it does starts the audyssey setup screen as soon as i plug it in ..indicating that it is getting detected. But it still fails when i run the automatic setup. Please note that it is running on stepdown maxine xformer as it is US bought.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello Friends,
Since i got my avr from US (US custom opened the box but did not pack it in a way it was), the audyssey is not working.I was working fine in US. It now says mic not detected. I tried with diff mic but no luck. Tried resetting the unit to factory .. no luck either. The local denon guy sais the motherboard needs replacement !! worth 40k +. So now need help here. I tried all possible speaker combinations and even without them but it just says the same error. I cleaned up the mic points as well. Funny thing is it does starts the audyssey setup screen as soon as i plug it in ..indicating that it is getting detected. But it still fails when i run the automatic setup. Please note that it is running on stepdown maxine xformer as it is US bought.

Is this the same problem you reported earlier in the year ? Previous report

With the stepdown transformer does the AVR work fine as in without calibration ?

Hello Friends,

When you say it fails, what exactly happens?.. Does the calibration stop at somepoint and doesn't move to other speakers?..

Share a screenshot of the error during Audyssey calibration..

Hello Friends,

I think since the AVR was not packed in the same manner....properly...you are facing the motherboard challenge as something got SHAKEN UP during the travel phase to you.....This is the biggest drawback in digital circuitry which are sensitive and delicate....

Whats the price of replacement motherboard online over ebay etc? Check that and take a call....

Let me run the calibration and send u the screenshot. Ebay is risky in every way so i did not even think about it. The calibration stops at the first level itself throwing error. Yes this is the same issue i posted earlier . All the other features work fine as i have to do manual calibration.

Let me run the calibration and send u the screenshot. Ebay is risky in every way so i did not even think about it. The calibration stops at the first level itself throwing error. Yes this is the same issue i posted earlier . All the other features work fine as i have to do manual calibration.

Sometimes during Audyssey calibration, i have received some notification that speaker is not detected (or) speaker wire reversed (or) other.. (Don't recollect correctly).. I had ignored few and continued the calibration..

Hope the issue is different with your calibration..

yes. i even tried with just 2 speakers...same issue...it even does not detects sub even though sound is coming from it.

yes. i even tried with just 2 speakers...same issue...it even does not detects sub even though sound is coming from it.

Is there anyone close by who has a Denon Amp, from who you can borrow the mic and do a test with ? the other Mic that you tested with was the mic that came with denon only ?

Hey Hi,

That is unfortunate. I see that you are in Bangalore. Where exactly in Bangalore, if close to Whitefield, you could try with the Mic I have. Marantz and Denon share the same Mic more or less.

MaSh

Thanks Mash, I live in JP nagar 7th phase ... another planet in traffic terms. I got another mic from denon and same issue. I used this mic on another denon receiver and it worked ..so i am sure it is not mic issue. I was told that every category of Denon has a very specific mic due to type of audyssey use. what model u have

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back