• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Denon HTiB DHT- X-500

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 4.2 Speakers

ishu2212

Hi All,

After getting subscribed to Hifi Forum , I took almost 1 year to make my first purchase.

And finally I bought Denon DHT X-500.

Initially I was going with commercial HTiB like Sony , LG , Philips, since my budget was only upto 25k INR. But my friends at hifivision forum shared their expertise and suggested me to go for a HT with proper AVR .

After going through the demo of various models I shortlisted Yamaha YHT-149 and Onkyo 3400 , but both of them were coming with passive sub-woofer. I was not happy with Yamaha's bass , however Onkyo 3400 was satisfying to me but it was costing me around 29k which was slightly ahead of my budget.
So I decided to increase my Budget and wait for some more time.

This diwali I got offer from Credit card bank on eBay, and Denon DHT X-500 was costing me around 36500/- , so I did not hesitate and make a order and within 6 day's time it is delivered at my home.
The only risk I took it as , it is bought with Seller's warranty for one year of period.

I have arranged it in my hall , and I am loving its sound.
:yahoo:
I will be using it mostly for the movies. Saw Krishh 3 and Transformer 2, with 5.1 Ch AC3 sound , it was :yahoo: simply awesome experience.

I would like to thank Netant and Baijuxavior for helping me .

Thanks,

Ishan

rayvonnee

Good that you are enjoying your new ht. Congrats. Try Movies with DTS-HD MA/ DOLBY TRUE HD. Upgrade to a bluray player later and it will enhance your movie watching experience.

RajithKumar

Welcome to denon owners club..sure u will enjoy a lot ...
try to use power surge protector (belkin brand or similar )as a safety measure to protect your AV equipments during power surges..
good luck ..enjoy...share ur experience..

rayvonnee

Welcome to denon owners club..sure u will enjoy a lot ...
try to use power surge protector (belkin brand or similar )as a safety measure to protect your AV equipments during power surges..
good luck ..enjoy...share ur experience..

will mx surge protector work im having one unused. Can i safely plug in my denon x500 to it. What else can i connect to it. Im having the avr subwoofer and my pc. can i connect all to one surge protector

ishu2212

Hello friends,

While Connecting my AVR to my Videocon D2H Set Top box , I am facing issues.

I am connecting system as below :

HDMI Cable -1
AVR > MONITOR OUT > LED
HDMI Cable -2
STB > AVR

At first instance there is no display coming to my LED, after swapping the HDMI Cables, it is taking too long to display my STB menu to LED TV , the waiting time is too much , almost 30-40 minutes.
I guess there is issue with one of the HDMI cable , however after half an hour it works fine.
but restarting the whole setup it again takes same time.

I also connected Analog Audio cable to AVR Audio In , and I noticed there was mild shock in the cable, which surprised me.
I guess there is some earthing issue in my AVR , but my AVR doesn't have a third pin i.e. earthing pin.
I am unable to understand the problem.

Any one could please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rayvonnee

Even my Videocon DTH gives a minor shock. However never tried connecting to avr. First I think you power on your TV then your avr and select the input i. e bluray/game or other. Then power on your stb last. I think you should be getting it up and running. If not then there may be some issue with the HDMI cable. Try buying some decent cables. I use MX HDMI cables and they are very good for the price at which they come.

RajithKumar

will mx surge protector work im having one unused. Can i safely plug in my denon x500 to it. What else can i connect to it. Im having the avr subwoofer and my pc. can i connect all to one surge protector

Hi rayvonnee ,
Not verysure about mx ..I'm using Belkin 6 Socket Surge Protector (F9S623vzb)protector in which I 've connected all my AVR,subwoofer,TV,D2h STB,Bluray player into it..so far not faced any problem.
Better to compare the specs fo MX & belkin for decision.

rayvonnee

Hi rayvonnee ,
Not verysure about mx ..I'm using Belkin 6 Socket Surge Protector (F9S623vzb)protector in which I 've connected all my AVR,subwoofer,TV,D2h STB,Bluray player into it..so far not faced any problem.
Better to compare the specs fo MX & belkin for decision.
MX MDR ELECTRONICS & MX ELECTRONICS & HDMI & CCTV CAMERA & DVR & SDI ACCESSORIES & VGA ; DVI & APPLE ACCESSORIES & CABLES & CONNECTORS & HOME THEATER CABLES & PRO-AUDIO / STUDIO ACCESSORIES & FIBER OPTICS & CABLE MANAGEMENT & CABLE ORGANISER & VIDEO