Denon IR input cable

trumee

Hello,
I want to control the Denon AVR using Harmony Hub through IR. The Harmony Hub uses a 2.5mm jack while the Denon seems to use 3.5mm. Here is the picture of Denon IR input marked in Red,
AVR-X3700H-1b_19102020_1.jpg

Does anybody know where can i get an IR direct cable?

Won't something like this suffice?

Unfortunately, not. I dont want the IR emitter at the end. The harmony hub has two 2.5mm jacks (mono) at the back. The idea is to connect Denon IR input to the Harmony Hub jack. This way the signal can be directly passed, rather than converting to IR. Here is a reddit post on this.

02LlCqB68eNgZI1vDLPnrzk-1.jpg

I see; if I have understood this correctly, you need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm mono adapter (or Vice-Versa) like the one below, isn't it?

The above adaptor will work. To convert to mono you can make your own cable to connect to denon and solder the left and right channel (tip and ring in the pinout below). You need two of these and connect them using a single core shielded cable.

Even without soldering, just connect a normal stereo cable between the above adaptor and your denon receiver. The connection will happen on the top and sleeve wires. The ring connection will be unused. But if you want to be perfect, make your own cable.

esp-5-pcs-3-5mm-3-pole-male-repair-headphones-audio-jack-plug-original-imafa7hhgts3km4n.jpeg

TRS-Audio-Jack-Pinout_0.png

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back