Denon TU-208

madbullram

Guys,
I am trying to get a good FM tuner. I have spotted a TU-208, any feedback? I could not find any on the net. I could only spot the specs:

The FM/AM stereo tuner also corresponding to an AM stereo.

The AM stereo recovery circuit is carried and the AM stereo is supported.
Moreover, the capability to eliminate LC tuning circuit, reservation of a bandwidth required for an AM stereo at the ceramics filter of four-element composition, and disturbance of a contiguity channel is raised.

A low impedance output circuit of 500ohms or less was carried, high-density-ization of the signal transmission to amplifier was enabled, and sound quality excellent in the damping characteristic of high region frequency is realized.
Moreover, matching with amplifier and the trouble of transmission which arise by a visitor noise are prevented.

The 30-game random-pre-set function is carried.

Wireless remote control is attached.
By this remote control, they are up and down of frequency, and channel (preset) up/down,A band change, auto / manual change (an auto stereo, auto tuning, FM muting, manual tuning), a preset scan, power-on / standby, etc. can be operated.

There was TU-280G other than TU-280 of a black model of a gold model with side wood.

orm FM/AM stereo tuner
<FM tuner part>
Received frequency band 76.0MHz - 90.0MHz
Practical speed 12.8dBf
Antenna terminal 75ohms (F terminal)
Frequency response 20Hz-15kHz+0.5 -2 dB
Signal to noise ratio mono:79dB
stereo:74dB
THD mono: 0.1% (100% abnormal conditions)
stereo: 0.2% (90% abnormal conditions)
Stereo separation 43dB(1kHz)
<AM tuner part>
Received frequency 522kHz - 1629kHz
Antenna Loop antenna attachment
Practical speed 18 microvolts
The degree of selection 40dB
Stereo separation 26dB
<Synthesis>
Power supply voltage AC100V, 50Hz/60Hz
Power consumption 6W
Dimensions (a knob, a base, a terminal included) TU-280: Width 434x height 75x depth of 238mm
TU-280G: Width 470x height 76x depth of 238mm
Weight TU-280:2.6kg
TU-280G:2.9kg

Last edited:
Never heard of tu-208 but definitely 280. Its circa 1990 I think. It was a decent equipment piece when it came out but I would not pick it up now esp. not knowing how the previous owners might have treated it. Like any aged equipmtn the internals may need upgrading or replacing.

The specs below are mostly standard esp. around the freq range. The S/N ratio is high though. Newer ones are almost half the reported values. You can look for a couple of years old denon, yamaha or teac tuners for cheap.

Thanks Mars. I heard it today, was nt very impresed but have brought it home for detailed listening. But my wife is totally impressed by it, she has never heard FM like this.

Any thought on the Norge one? I dont mind 3k if its really good. tu 208 was offered at 1.5k

NAD C425 is a good tuner as per review (Ala Test review 88/100). No idea about its availability in India. But it's price is approx. 290$.

madbullram
finally what did you buy for fm radio reciever,just give your opinion and preference out of those you auditioned.I am interested to buy one.
thank you.

The best you can get right now for a reasonable price is the Sony XDR F1HD. I typically don't recommend Sony products but trust me this one is a gem. With a few basic mods and a good external power supply, its just about the best FM receiver ever made. Even in stock state, it'll beat the crap out of all the NADs and Denons of the world.

Thanks Mars. I heard it today, was nt very impresed but have brought it home for detailed listening. But my wife is totally impressed by it, she has never heard FM like this.

Any thought on the Norge one? I dont mind 3k if its really good. tu 208 was offered at 1.5k

1.5 k for tuner with remote??
buddy buy it - secondhand tuners are rare and that to with remote!

The best you can get right now for a reasonable price is the Sony XDR F1HD. I typically don't recommend Sony products but trust me this one is a gem. With a few basic mods and a good external power supply, its just about the best FM receiver ever made. Even in stock state, it'll beat the crap out of all the NADs and Denons of the world.

Couldn't agree with you more! A radiohead friend of mine is using it with the Magnum Dynalab ST-2. Excellent performer. I was so tempted to buy one just because of the clarity and reception it had.

hi
can any one of you tell me the price of sony xdr f1hd reciever and also give me the address of the place where i can buy it in chennai.

hi
can any one of you tell me the price of sony xdr f1hd reciever and also give me the address of the place where i can buy it in chennai.

Not sold in India. On amazon it retails for under 100$. You might want to check if 20north ships it to you and you'd want to get a good quality proper 220V power adapter locally.

Back