Denon X1400 or DenonX2400

There is no much difference between those models except 15W difference.Both are 7 Channel .if you want 4k upscaling and component video in and out you should prefer 2400H.May be slightly better built quality which includes better powersupply( you did not mention about your shortlisted speaker and preference if any and the room size).May be couple Hdmi inputs will be extra,most of the cases any AVR which has 5 + hdmi inputs it will be of no use for most of us imo.
Considering 2400H has 2 nos of hdmi out which is an additional feature which can be used for if you have monitor/TV as well projector.Add on to that 2400H has serial port for customised installation which most of us not using at all.
Plan your speaker and finalize the budget.
Between those 2Avr model price difference will be around 10- 15k imo.

Take feedback from FM. There are couple of FM who already own these models I believe.

Atb

I am confused between denonX1400 & X2400. My budget for speakers is around 60k. Will used for movies and music.
the x2400 is a better mid range denon avr. I got the x2300(prevous edition) & it has amble power & decent features.

Cheers.

I am confused between denonX1400 & X2400. My budget for speakers is around 60k. Will used for movies and music.

You can read and perhaps post the question in the Dedicated Denon Owners thread.....

For obvious reasons, the higher model number is better as it would differ in built quality, performance, multiEq audyssey etc.

Marantz although made by D & M Holdings (Same makers of Denon) would differ in terms of quality and performance.

If your use is more music than movies.....go for a Marantz..provided its within your budget. Check different dealers.....prices will differ.

If more towards movies, a Denon will work fine.....

Will advise to go with Denon AVR x2400 AVR. It is powerful than 1400 which will have better power supply, calibration system,more Headroom so that you can push it little harder and will have better dynamics. In future if you upgrade to better speakers, you will not run out of power. Can't compare with Marantz as both have their own advantages but you will not go wrong with either...

I currently have the 2400H and liking it so far for the build quality, features and ofcourse the sound quality.

I am using X2400 and very happy with it. Though my primary reason to buy this AVR was two HDMI output. I am using one for Projector and one for TV. This one is very musical with exceptional vocal clarity. I am selling my Marantz 5004 Stereo amplifier.

I own x2400 and can vouch that its a real good performer. I wanted two video outs and hence opted this instead of the lower model. If your room is bit bigger, go for 2400 without a second thought

There is no much difference between those models except 15W difference.Both are 7 Channel .if you want 4k upscaling and component video in and out you should prefer 2400H.May be slightly better built quality which includes better powersupply( you did not mention about your shortlisted speaker and preference if any and the room size).May be couple Hdmi inputs will be extra,most of the cases any AVR which has 5 + hdmi inputs it will be of no use for most of us imo.
Considering 2400H has 2 nos of hdmi out which is an additional feature which can be used for if you have monitor/TV as well projector.Add on to that 2400H has serial port for customised installation which most of us not using at all.

Take feedback from FM. There are couple of FM who already own these models I believe.

Atb
Thanks for your feedback.

Atb
I will be helpful id you tell me about some good budget speakers. My use will mostly be movies ans muaic. I dont like to listen loud music. So will want to have good thump and bass at low volumes. My room size is about around 140 sq. Ft.

I will be helpful id you tell me about some good budget speakers. My use will mostly be movies ans muaic. I dont like to listen loud music. So will want to have good thump and bass at low volumes. My room size is about around 140 sq. Ft.

Hi,

You initially stated that you have a budget of Rs 60000/- for speakers.....you can look at the following:

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/category&path=109_57_83

https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/speaker-systems/

Some of us follow the pre owned way...like that you get a chance to test and use different speaker brands and models......

If you are open to Pre owned speakers, there are some speakers available over OLX (Mumbai sellers) like Wharfedale, Definitive Technology, Klipsch, etc which you can get within 40k and save some money.....these are 5.1 and 7.1 sets.....these would easily work well for a 200 or 300 sq ft area.....

I am confused between denonX1400 & X2400.

Denon X 1400, if you don't need 2nd HDMI out from AVR (x2400).. 15W power difference is very minimal.. Both AVR has Audyssey Multi EQ XT..

Will it require subwoofer

For movies, you will need a sub-woofer even if you have floor-stander / tower.. If you have a sub, then you can skip FS/tower and settle for Book shelf..

My budget for speakers is around 60k.

You can complete a 5.1.2 Atmos set-up well with in 60K..

Consider Taga Harmony inmove 5.0 package (25K) - https://www.ebay.in/itm/Taga-Harmon...663708?hash=item41c927335c:g:gYsAAOSwWWxY-OcB

A 12 inch active sub from TAGA TSW 200 (23K) - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tsw-200-active-subwoofer.html?search=Taga&description=true

With remaining budget, either add a pair of ceiling speakers (or) ceiling mountable BS speakers.. and you are done with 5.1.2 Atmos set-up..

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back