Denon x1400H - HDMI connections

djur0

Hello.

I have one problem with tv sound using the denon avr x1400B. So my setup is like this:

I have a philips tv which is connected to receiver through ARC hdmi connection. It was working fine. I turn on tv then the receiver turned on and sound was ok. I changed my subscription with my ISP and i got an adroind tv box called EON BOX. So i put a Signal cable into my box and connect HDMI to denon Cbl port. The tv is still connected to receiver via ARC hdmi. When i turn my new tv box on, the tv turns on automatically then i just turn on denon and everything is ok. (TV source is set to HDMI 1). If i put an usb with a movie on it in my tv and select the source on my tv to USB the movie strats playing, but there is no sound on my speakers. If i turn the hdmi sound to tv sound on my tv, the sound is comming from the TV. When i change back to HDMI, there is not sound on my speakers connected to denon.

Oh i also select tv audio on denon remote.

Can you help me set up this correctly ?

Thanks for help and best regards.

Check the tv menu to see if there is a volume control or passthrough setting for the hdmi sound output. Try playing video clips with two channel audio / plain mp3 files - some arc implementations may not support more than two channel audio. Also check the input assign / configuration of tv audio on your denon. It may be set to opt instead of HDMI

GUI%20InputAssign%20X14E2_RQIFILllysonde[1].png

If there is an optical output on your tv, try connecting it to the optical in of your denon 1400 and see if it works

Hello,

My Input assign is almost the same. ON HDMI i have on tv audio x. And digital i jave for tv audio - .

I havent changed this and it was working without optical cable before i connect the tv box.

Were you getting sound from TV usb earlier before you connected your android box.

Now, is it only in TV usb are you not getting sound from AVR.

Check your HDMI settings in your AVR. HDMI settings is available under video settings. Set HDMI control to on.

Hello,

Yes before it was working. Now i get the sound from tv but not from receiver. I have found out that if i disconnect everything and unplug everything from electrcity and wait 5 min, then i connect just my tv to my receiver using arc hdmi connections all is working fine (i dont conenct android box). If i then conenct android box, its still working for some time. Then i shut down everything and turn back on the sound from android box is working but the sound from usb tv is not working...

It looks like receiver gets a litle confused if the sound is comming out from android box (cbl hdmi source). I turn the tv audio source and the sound from usb tv is not working. I think the receiver is still on that other source.

The problem is that i cant turn off just android box, because if i turn off android box the tv shuts down also. And if i turn TV on the android box turns on also... I think the sources on receiver gets messed up and there is no audio sound then.

Is there a way that i can fix this ?

Hello,
I guess you are using only 2 HDMI cables for your connection. One HDMI from your TV arc to denon arc. Second from your android box to denon cbl. No other cables are used. And no HDMI cable or any other cable from your android box to TV. Am I correct.

I read in your above post that your denon Avr is not switching on when you switch on your android box but your TV is switching on.

I suspect it is an HDMI handshake issue. If possible do share the photo of your input assign and HDMI setting in your avr after connecting your android box

Hello.

Yes just as you said. I have one HDMI cable Connecting TV and denon (arc) and another one connection adroid box and denon cbl. I have no optical audio cables and nothing just 2 HDMI.

My main problem is that i dont get audio if i play movie from usb which is pluged into my tv. I select source audio source on denon and i would expect that i have sound on my speakers but i dont.

I think it is a handshake issue because in some rare times i am able to get audio from usb from tv to speakers.

Here is the image: https://ibb.co/Njtf5mC

Can you try to change the setting for cbl/sat under digital, analogue and video as - instead of default setting. This will set AVR to receive the cab/sat signal only from your HDMI port.

If that dosent work, also try other HDMI port like game or media player for your android box.

X on your TV audio setting is correct and indicate HDMI control to be set ON.

You can PM me also.

Cheers
Siju

Hello,

It was working for while now, but now its not working anymore. I cant find out the couse of it. When i turn on my android box the tv and receiver turns on automatically and the sound from android box iz coming from speakers which are connected to avr (source selected on avr cbl/sat). When i change source on the tv to usb and paly a movie from usb and switching the input to tv audio, no sound is comming out.

Do you have any suggestions on how to test this to see what is causing it ?

Thank you for you help

Can you try to change the setting for cbl/sat under digital, analogue and video as - instead of default setting. This will set AVR to receive the cab/sat signal only from your HDMI port.

If that dosent work, also try other HDMI port like game or media player for your android box.

X on your TV audio setting is correct and indicate HDMI control to be set ON.

You can PM me also.

Cheers
Siju
Hi,can you help .I have issue where TV audio not coming from speaker.I have hooked one HDMII from TV ARC to Denon ARC.Audio control on both TV and DEnon.but still no sound from speaker.Can you guide on the same

Hi,can you help .I have issue where TV audio not coming from speaker.I have hooked one HDMII from TV ARC to Denon ARC.Audio control on both TV and DEnon.but still no sound from speaker.Can you guide on the same
Have you chosen TV audio in your denon as sound input?
If you have done so, you will have to check your TV settings - make sure that you have HDMI audio out enabled and the volume is set correctly for the TV sound output.
If both are done, the problem may be with your HDMI cable - you may need a high-speed HDMI cable.

Have you chosen TV audio in your denon as sound input?
If you have done so, you will have to check your TV settings - make sure that you have HDMI audio out enabled and the volume is set correctly for the TV sound output.
If both are done, the problem may be with your HDMI cable - you may need a high-speed HDMI cable.
I have high speed HDMI.Can you share share screen shot for Input assignment and required setting to check

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back