Denon x3700h turns off then wakes up by itself?

xxnonamexx

Just when I got everything to work correctly as far as turning the tv on and off controlling the avr as well and fixing connection to ARC. My Denon x3700h when I turn the tv off the AVR turns off but a few seconds later the AVR turns back on. Its red when its off then turns white to go back on. ANy ideas? Thanks

Just when I got everything to work correctly as far as turning the tv on and off controlling the avr as well and fixing connection to ARC. My Denon x3700h when I turn the tv off the AVR turns off but a few seconds later the AVR turns back on. Its red when its off then turns white to go back on. ANy ideas? Thanks
Are you having an OLED TV? if so it maybe the auto pixel refresh algorithm which gets ARC paired devices to switch on. That also is an indication your pixel refreshing is going on. It would happen after 4 hours of cumulative usage.

it not an OLED. I dont get after working fine for a week it has a mind of its own and turns on after I turn it off.
Here is the connection. (The photo shows it connected to the HDMI but now its in the ARC which resolved the previous issue). In reading about ARC I was wondering if the optical audio cable is needed? UPDATE: I have since removed the optical cable and so far looks like its working. Will keep an eye on it.

Attachments

• avr.jpg
    avr.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 24
  • samsungOne.jpg
    samsungOne.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
it not an OLED. I dont get after working fine for a week it has a mind of its own and turns on after I turn it off.
Here is the connection. (The photo shows it connected to the HDMI but now its in the ARC which resolved the previous issue). In reading about ARC I was wondering if the optical audio cable is needed? UPDATE: I have since removed the optical cable and so far looks like its working. Will keep an eye on it.
Hi bro,
After previous thread and this issue now, am convinced this is a software issue.
Since this is a new purchase, better and safer to consult/take it back to seller.
An s/w fix should iron out everything.
Regards

ARC and optical were connected which(optical) has been removed and now all lived happily ever after right?

So it is HDMI paired plus optical paired seperately or ARC paired alone leaving out optical. The CEC sensor will get confused if both ARC and optical is hooked. Understood now.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back