Desktop amp with Headphone out

sudhirdamerla

Hi All, I am looking for a small class D desktop amp with a headphone out to drive a pair of Realistic Minimus 7 and a Grado 325i. The present amp is a bit of sentiment, so would like to put in storage to free up desktop space.
The present on works fine but is highly coloured and eats up a lot of detail. If there is an option for a desktop amp with a DAC which might better the inbuilt on in the Mac, I am open to that also.
I am also on a high budget and would like to keep myself from going overboard on the desktop system and put more money on the living room stereo.
Any recommendations, gentlemen?

Attachments

• IMG_9389.jpg
    IMG_9389.jpg
    840 KB · Views: 17
Dr.Karaan, Im looking at about 200$ ? I want a single piece class D with a headphone amp as I don't want to deal with cable clutter. Probably fix it under the table so the right side becomes a working space. The Akai is there temporarily.

Amplifiers like the Topping MX3 and SMSL AD18 are both Class D and within the budget. Audioengine N22 is Class A/B, but also worth considering.
This is perfect! Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! The SMSL and Topping looks most tempting because of the additional bluetooth and tone control which is needed for the Minimus 7. The AudioEngine looks the best though! I wonder which one has a better DAC than the MacBook and relatively better headphone amp among the three.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back