Desktop PC Monitor selection

skdas

Dear Member, I would like to replace my 13 year’s old 18 inch desktop PC monitor. My use is limited to net surfing (email/sites viewing etc) ,U tube , occasional movies only and no gaming.

Recently I tried Benq WG2480, a 24 inch FHD monitor which is rated best budget monitor. I could not like its Colour, picture were not life like (pixels is visible, picture is not smooth), looks very bright to sit in front even after maximum adjustment. Finally I returned the monitor.

Is the 22 inch 1920 X 1080 resolution provides the best life like picture in terms of clarity/color for desktop?

Actually I would like to have a bigger monitor for desktop, but my PC hardware support only 1920 X 1080 through HDMI, and 1920 X 1440 in display port. So wanted to know the best option ( budget up to 35 K).

• Can I opt for a better 24 inch 1920 X 1080 resolutions for life like picture clarity without showing its pixels? User may please comment with recommendation if any.
  • Can I opt for a 4k monitor? Can it display not less than the quality of a monitor of 22 inch 1920 X 1080 resolution, when I pay a 1920 X 1080 resolution input through PC/Dish TV in 4 K monitor? User may please comment with recommendation if any
  • Get a good 22 inch 1920 X 1080 resolution monitor and forget it?

My recent purchase, happy with the decision:

Dell 22 inch Full HD IPS Panel Monitor (SE2219H)

1601988019877.jpeg

1601988291434.jpeg

1601988684926.jpeg

I bought the LG 22inch FHD monitor (model 22MP68VQ) from Amazon India for my son, for the online schools during these times. I find it damn good monitor

1601989104438.png

I had a LG 27inch IPs 4K panel , the color reproduction & clarity was fantastic for movies/photo/work related matters. Dont see the same in stock anymore but this looks like an upgraded model

I had a LG 27inch IPs 4K panel , the color reproduction & clarity was fantastic for movies/photo/work related matters. Dont see the same in stock anymore but this looks like an upgraded model

How you run that 4k panel? Ever run with 2k input in 4k panel ? Please share .

Yes , you can set the resolution to 1440p as well. May I know which card are you using for your PC ?

I have Acer predator xb271hu 2k IPS 27" and Acer Nitro vg270u 27" FHD IPS. Both are gaming monitor with 144hz refresh. You can get acer nitro 24" FHD monitor or xv272u 27" 2k monitor.

While deciding the size and resolution, these are best combination, 24"@FHD, 27@2k, 32"@4k. if you go for 27"@FHD or 32"@2k, then picture will be a little pixelated and you wont get that crisp image.

About panel, IPS is best for colour reproduction and viewing angles. VA is second to IPS, with good colour but have backlight bleeding problem. Third is TN, with worst colour accuracy.

Yes , you can set the resolution to 1440p as well. May I know which card are you using for your PC ?
Sorry no card.Its a i7-3770 processor with intel DZ68BC motherboard. Just recheck , it has a 2560 X 1600 @60 hz resolution only. Is it logical to buy a 2k or 4k ?

Hi... Have a look at the below Lenovo QHD monitor, it comes in 24 inch also. I too am waiting for the same but with USB -C connectivity to be in stock. I have linked both below. Both these monitors come in 24 inches as well, may be you need to check with Lenovo store.

Sorry no card.Its a i7-3770 processor with intel DZ68BC motherboard. Just recheck , it has a 2560 X 1600 @60 hz resolution only. Is it logical to buy a 2k or 4k ?

I would believe its logical considering that any future upgrade would provide you out of the box 4K support and your monitor would anyways be 4k ready

Why not just use a 32 inch 4K TV? With HDMI, all TVs can be used as monitors. 4k TVs are today around 800Rs. an inch.

Monitors make sense in an office, but at home a TV makes more sense. With most programs available on OTT, you can also watch movies and serials, in addition to, of course, working.

Two birds with one stone?

i have a LG 23 inch IPS which had 3 year warrenty aftter six months it started having issues like menus appering with out touching a botton , got it rectified then now after three years it has devloped the issue again the menu appers randomly and it will go from one menu to other without touching a button . Most probably its the monitor or a not so troublesome Ghost in my room .

I swear by Dell. Their robustness and customer support, when required, are fantastic. I guess you need to pay a little extra in the overall price for that.

I have a ST2320L 23 inch which has been running trouble free for 8 years. I use it daily, and with WFH now, almost continuously for 8-10 hours. This is an old model but I cited the example to support my statement above.

Intel i7-3770, HD4000 Graphics Does Not Support dual-link, therefore 1920x1200 is the maximum for DVI and HDMI, 2560x1440 is only possible with a DisplayPort port.

Why not just use a 32 inch 4K TV? With HDMI, all TVs can be used as monitors. 4k TVs are today around 800Rs. an inch.

Monitors make sense in an office, but at home a TV makes more sense. With most programs available on OTT, you can also watch movies and serials, in addition to, of course, working.

Two birds with one stone?

Doubt if any 32 inch TV come with 4k resolution

I have been using Dell S2216H for the last 4 and half months. It's a full HD monitor and I am very satisfied with the results I am getting. 10 bit HDR movies display very good colours. I don't have any graphics card and my system runs on Gigabyte B150M+i5 6th Generation(3.2 Ghz). I recommend Dell. As an alternative, I have found the following to be good within 7.5k.

My Dell Full HD 25 inches for 25k bought in 2014 is running beautifully. I like the matt finish screen. Colours come out superb. Great for photo editing.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back