Desperate need of your genuine opinions on buying TV

hdwaghela

Hello People

I am looking to buy a 40"/42" LED TV for my home.

I am not even going to be using a TV as I am from UK but my mum and dad lives at India and basically the point of telling is is that my mum and ad wont be using it for internet purpose at all like skype, youtube, facebook or twitter or any other web browser based thing.

The main use of the TV will be watching the daily TV channels like my dad would be watching Live cricket all the time(whenever its on) and abviously the news channel. My mum would like to watch her daily soaps weekdays and some awards shows and reality shows on the weekend. Also my parent would watch the movies from a DVD player/Blue ray player source, usb stick and some other DVDs.

Please recommend me what is the best product for me in the market. I am only looking to buy either LG, Samsung or Sony.

P.S. Will be watching daily channel from a digital service provier like TATA sky or something similar.

Budget is 55K ish.

After going over all the pros/cons of LED/LCDs around the sametime last year, I went ahead with the Samsung 40" LCD.

reasons:
- It was ~17k lower than the LED with equivalent feature set.
- I couldn't tell any difference in picture quality between the entry level sets between LED/LCD
- The LEDs however had higher reflections and that gets to be a pain if you like bright rooms

I got the Samsung LA40C550 for about 40k from ezone. You could look at the LA40D550. (Samsung LA40D550K1R | Television | Flipkart.com)

After going over all the pros/cons of LED/LCDs around the sametime last year, I went ahead with the Samsung 40" LCD.

reasons:
- It was ~17k lower than the LED with equivalent feature set.
- I couldn't tell any difference in picture quality between the entry level sets between LED/LCD
- The LEDs however had higher reflections and that gets to be a pain if you like bright rooms

I got the Samsung LA40C550 for about 40k from ezone. You could look at the LA40D550. (Samsung LA40D550K1R | Television | Flipkart.com)

Thanks a ton for your help buddy , I know the point you are telling exactly that and LCD could do, but my dad really wants and LED. But appreciate your comment.

Back