Difference between Bluray Home Theatre package and AV Receivers + Spearkers

vinothkumar

Hi Legends,

Can anyone tell me what is the sound difference between a home theatre package (which includes bluray player with amplifier) and dedicated Av Receiver with speakers and powered subwoofer?

I am new to this forum. Please help me..

Thanks in advance.

Almost always you'll find that the AVR+Speaker+Sub system sounds better than the usual blu ray HT packages.
However, this also depends on the price range since there are some good home theater in a box systems also.

And also, you will have all the components with better quality and capabilities.

Lets take an example :

You bought a HTib of brand X.
This HTiB contains a BD player of brand X, amplifier of brand X and speakers of brand X. But when you choose separately, you may choose blue-ray player of different brand say Y, which has much more capability / quality than brand X. Also everyone suggests to go for speakers of those brands, which expertise in manufacturing speakers only. Obviously, in this case brand X fails, as it also manufactures BD players, amplifiers etc etc.

Another point, you will never find a HTiB, which has all the features you need. but in separate components, you can choose according to your requirements.

Also, upgrade / replacement of individual components is difficult in HTiB

Thank you guys for all your replies.

Can you please suggest me to buy a AVR + Speakers + 10" powered sub (With sharp woofer effect). The budget is around 65k. I want to buy it in India itself.

I already have sony bluray player S1100 model with me.

Thanks..

Check out these stores/dealers for AV in Chennai-

- Vipul Audio Tech near Kilpauk Garden
I have visited the store once and noticed he mostly stocks Pioneer AVRs but also sells other brands like Yamaha and Denon. Had only a Yamaha AVR for Demo so not much comparison options (for demo)

- Tovin near Chintadripet
Had bought one of my Yamaha AVR 10 years back from Torvin but have not visited them recently. Not sure if they are still selling multi brand AVRs. I would confidently buy from them again.

- Volumate near Mylapore
Read via other posts but no personal experience. Have seen ads selling Showroom Demo units so you may consider that option if you have budget limitations.

- Cressida AV Zone (Cressida AV Zone)
Read via other posts in here. Not visited personally.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back